Euro Millions win

AmericanThunder

Super Moderator
Last nights euro millions was won by a UK resident who is now £170m richer!

The tabloids are on about how that makes him richer than celebs like Ed Sheehan etc
So what? What use is that money in the bank?
If I had won, £130m would go straight to charities where it could make a difference leaving the rest to transform lives of friends and families.
Am I alone in this? Would you take pride in having a huge bank balance that earns more interest than you could spend or would others benefit?

Last nights euro millions was won by a UK resident who is now £170m richer!

The tabloids are on about how that makes him richer than celebs like Ed Sheehan etc
So what? What use is that money in the bank?
If I had won, £130m would go straight to charities where it could make a difference leaving the rest to transform lives of friends and families.
Am I alone in this? Would you take pride in having a huge bank balance that earns more interest than you could spend or would others benefit?
Absolutely I would give to the charities that really need it. As long as we had enough to pay the mortgage off and make family comfortable :)

Hellcat should be on the list too.

I know what you mean though, people that have won these millions previously, you look at them now. They are miserable that they have spent it all and have nothing to show for it. Making a difference to someone else will always give you that happy thought that you done something with it.

I would probably give some to selected charities, but only after making sure my whole family was set up for life. And I WOULD give up working. I'd have so many new toys to play with and holidays to go on that there wouldn't be time for work haha.
But seriously, rather than giving directly to charities (some of which can be corrupt), I'd probably do something more direct like building safe refuge centres for the homeless.

Without doubt you would have to be careful about the charities. Maybe build some clause in to the donation to ensure it’s timely and proper use.
But with £170m you could make a huge difference.

Yeah, I suppose you could do that and hope it was adhered to. I'm sure enough money would get through and would make a massive difference. But I do like the idea of actually providing some sort infrastructure that you could see people benefitting from.

This is all hypothetical to me though as I don't do any lotteries. The chances of being struck by lightning on the way to buying my ticket being greater than winning kinda puts me off bothering lol.

Back