Environmentalists

AmericanThunder

Super Moderator
With all the protests about climate change do you fear retribution from the environmentalists?
Unfortunately despite the minimal miles most of us do in our “gas guzzlers” there are plenty of extremists who will take any opportunity for revenge against the “causes” of “climate change”.
Most of them wouldn’t look twice at a Jaguar or forced induction BMW despite that they use just as much fuel and produce just as much emissions as a modern American car - yet I fear they would happily target me.
Paranoia? Or justified anxiety?

If the whole world stopped emissions now, we would still head for an ice age, its happens every 10k years even without human intervention.

It might be true that the Earth may experience repeating ice age cycles, but it does seem to be universally agreed by the relavent, unbiased scientific community that mankind isn't helping at the moment.
As for whether I fear retribution from environmentalists for driving high fuel consuming vehicles, personally, I would have to say no, based mainly on the fact that nobody has ever even said anything negative to me about it. Nor have I ever witnessed anything like that at any of the shows I have been to.
But if they did, it would be pretty small minded as compared to the millions of daily driven vehicles pumping tons of pollution into the atmosphere daily, what we contribute is literally a drop in the ocean. But I agree with the point that there may be those who fail to consider that.

Last edited:
I disagree with the scientists. Too little evidence based over too short a time when compared to the continual evolution of this planet.
I have not directly been ‘threatened’ but the implications of driving a gas guzzling car whose country of origin is unpopular with the snowflakes of today.....

Anti protester addition for the car?

Welll my thought on climate change and stuff is it’s possibly more to do with all the deforestation and the building of new developments from industrial to homes that affects climate change more than my car, more power stations and pumping stations to supply the demand for water and power etc must have a bigger impact than they let on.. I’m Just waiting on the day that someone invents a battery powered international air plane..... we in the uk probably kick out less emissions in 5 years compared to the likes of japan and other developing country’s kicks out a year.... me I don’t know and for the time I have I got other things to think about ??

I wonder how many evironmentalist's are happy to hop on a plane to go on holiday, drive a petrol or diesel car or even worse a battery powered car where the battery contains some very unfriendly evironmental materials? I personally think that all the things we are doing to our planet have an effect. But the biggest impact in increasing CO2 is the global felling of Forest's.

Some damn good points made there. I'm the same really re-my Yank, even if ALL of the scientists happen to have it wrong, I'll start thinking about it if I hear of anyone having trouble or being confronted. But even then, I won't be too worried seeing how little I use it in comparison to all of the other sources of pollution lol.

Back