E.f.i.

Coming along very nice, is there a gasket between tank and new housing ?? cant see one in picture

yes, its a cork like material its compressed quite a lot. was thicker than the pump flange before fitting
+

PC100002.jpgall fitted ready to start
PC100003.jpgi read a good power supply a essential so made these battery leads
PC100004.jpgoriginal throttle cable went straight on

it then started easier than ever before,drove much better even when cold than it ever has. cruised down the motorway on a much lighter throttle. it can control the timing. but that requires a change of dizzy so will have to wait awhile as the next job is to fit a new exhaust as the old one is about to fall off

nice one. I can't wait to see it in person.
Since you bought this I have come across another system that eliminates a lot of the headaches you went through. It features a reserve tank in which en electric pump sits. The mechanical pump feeds the reserve and the electric feeds the injection system. No need for in-tank pump or return line, and also can control the timing etc.

Well done - though, great to see a project come through. Your fuel consumption figures will be interesting too, do you have numbers from before the conversion to compare with?

looking good, but i can see some rust that needs sorting out left side of picture lol,

nice one. I can't wait to see it in person.
Since you bought this I have come across another system that eliminates a lot of the headaches you went through. It features a reserve tank in which en electric pump sits. The mechanical pump feeds the reserve and the electric feeds the injection system. No need for in-tank pump or return line, and also can control the timing etc.

Well done - though, great to see a project come through. Your fuel consumption figures will be interesting too, do you have numbers from before the conversion to compare with?

i looked at these tank's and swirl pot's but decided that pump in tank was the best method as that's how almost all OE EFI is done. only time will tell if i made the right chose. as for fuel consumption i have never checked it although swapping the fmx for a aod [gearbox] made a noticeable improvement. knowing the fuel consumption now would be useful as i fried the circuit in the sender unit welding to blank the original fuel pipe conection

looking good, but i can see some rust that needs sorting out left side of picture lol,

thank you. i did that rust once about 10 year's ago, i will need to do a better job of it next time

Back