Dragstalgia Santa Pod 2015 - 10th - 12th July

TransAmDan

Forum Admin
Staff member
A weekend up at Santapod I'm sure Sarah will post more details about this event. More info on Santapod's website:- Santa Pod Raceway - Dragstalgia

A great weekend, you can walk around the pits and look at the cars before and after they run down the track. some super stuff there. Many photos in the gallery of previous years, http://www.solent-renegades.co.uk/members/sarah-albums-dragstalgia-2014-a.html
Great for topping up your tan too, sitting on the grass bank with the sun moving around you give a good all over tan.

Myself and Sarah going up Friday afternoon, so if any one else wants to tag a long then please do.

You can buy tickets on the gate, and it doesn't cost much more than buying them from their website, only a few quid in it as they charge a booking fee online. Its £40 for a whole weekend if you buy on the gate. Certainly a great weekend.

Can not wait!!!! Last year was brilliant! It's also nice going when it isn't packed, unlike Euro Finals in September.

Ooooh......I can't remember what his car is, but wasn't it there last year too??

We will be there all weekend, we will have the Trans-Am with us. So yeah if you are going up we will certainly have to meet up.

Enjoy. remember the golden rule.

Dave, Do you know if your mate is racing? will be good to see you there too.

Ooooh......I can't remember what his car is, but wasn't it there last year too??

Yup - he was, Cuda isn't it?

We will be there all weekend, we will have the Trans-Am with us. So yeah if you are going up we will certainly have to meet up.

He is racing - just have to see how the projects go as I desparately want to attend other shows so need to allocate some time - and there is also round II of the decking build to do!

round II? is that like level 2? multi level decking :unsure:

Leaving Morrisons Horndean at 10.30am Friday, for a gentle drive to Santapod. So anyone wanting to tag along then that's when we are going so feel free to join in.

Hope you got pictures of drag car going up in the air but side ways not front to rear ???

Hope you got pictures of drag car going up in the air but side ways not front to rear ???

We are at the start line when the sling shot dragster(driver sits over the rear axle with engine in front) both were ready to launch, 6 people with 'press' written on their backs were took photos of the cars on the start line. All these so called professional photographers started looking at the next cars in the pairing lanes. The dragsters launched, the one nearest to us was right up on the wheelie bar, and was then on one of the rear tyres, it was moving towards the other lane, the other car saw it and shut off. It certainly came down with a bang, probably twisting the front end. He didn't hit anything though, luckily. All the photographers missed it. A few time before that, Sarah tried taking photos but they kept getting in the way. :(
I'm sure there are some great photos to come.

Back