FIA - The Main Event Santa Pod 2013

sarah

Club Photographer
FIA European Drag Racing Championships Inc UEM Drag Bikes.

Friday 24th to Monday 27th May 2013.

The Main Event is one of Santa Pod's most prestigious Drag Race meetings. This hugely popular, televised extravaganza is the 1st round of the FIA European Drag Racing Championship and features over 200 teams and 17 classes of cars and bikes including the sports F1 class ? 8000bhp Top Fuel Dragsters accelerating 0-100mph in less than 1 second, making this event unrivalled for both the quality and quantity of racing.

If you've not experienced top-level drag racing before this is THE event to come to and witness the unique thunder of nitro engines and smell of burnt rubber! FREE Paddock access.

Alongside the international racers is a full supporting line-up of race classes for cars and bikes competing in the British championships

Car Classes:
- FIA Top Fuel Dragster
- European Funny Car Series
- FIA Top Methanol Dragsters
- FIA Top Methanol Funny Car
- FIA Pro Stock Car
- FIA/MSA Pro Modified
- Super Comp
- Super Gas
- Super Street
- Super Pro ET
- Pro ET
- Topspeed Automotive Street Eliminator
- Junior Dragster

Bike Classes:
- UEM Supertwin Bike
- UEM Top Fuel Bike
- UEM Pro Stock Bike
- Super Street Bike

Great Family Entertainment:

As well as the Drag Racing there's fun for all the family with a full line up of entertainment suitable for kids and adults alike - this is the ultimate family day out for the bank holiday weekend. kids under 16 go free!

Track Displays
- Live Action Arena (Sat, Sun & Mon ONLY)
- In The Sky
- 2 Seater Dragster
- Helicopter Pleasure Flights
- Monster Truck Rides

1320go - Timing Data App

Tickets:
- 4 Days - ?80
- Sat/Sun/Mon - ?75
- Sat/Sun - ?65

To Book Tickets please phone 01234 782828 or buy your tickets online at Drag Racing at Santa Pod Raceway UK - Motorsport Venue

I'm certainly tempted with this one. hopefully warm and dry weather. We have a new tent that we haven't tried yet, so we will try that out in the garden before going up to Santapod to get used to setting it up in the dark. :)

Depends on time off work.

Is anyone else up for going up to this one? if so, we could meet up at services and cruise on up. :)

All my time off work is booked ouround Santa Pod at Easter, this event and Euro Finals in Septemeber so I can go to any. It would make a change you actually taking time off work Dan!!!!

Oh, and don't forget everyone......early bird tickets have 20% off when booked before the end of January!!

Wow, that's a nice saving. :)

Well mine and Dan's tickets turned up today :D whooooop!!

We do have a tent that's a little on the large side, two bedrooms and one room between. So if anyone is thinking of going and not sure whether camping is do-able then we have a room spare :)

Not long now till we go up to the Pod. Tickets all ready on the fridge, must remember to take them.

Made a phone battery charger today to work from a car battery. http://www.solent-renegades.co.uk/blogs/transamdan/41-12v-usb-charger.html

Still need to get packed, we have a dog sitter for the dog. So its all pretty much sorted. Taking the fiesta up to save fuel. :)
We should get some great photos and videos, and will post them on here.

Have a lovely time , take plenty of warm clothes and have a safe journey up there, x

Weather from Metcheck looks like Rain on Saturday morning.
Sat 25 May1:003:592 ?c-1 ?c0.0 mm12 %
N.gif
6-11 mph1019 mb0
NFA.gif
4:006:592 ?c2 ?c0.0 mm40 %
NNW.gif
6-12 mph1020 mb0
NFA.gif
7:009:597 ?c5 ?c0.1 mmV Lgt92 %
NNW.gif
6-10 mph1021 mb1
LR.gif
10:0012:5913 ?c13 ?c0.1 mmV Lgt74 %
N.gif
5-9 mph1020 mb4
SH.gif
13:0015:5915 ?c15 ?c0.0 mm0 %
N.gif
5-9 mph1020 mb8
SU.gif
16:0018:5915 ?c14 ?c0.0 mm20 %
N.gif
4-8 mph1019 mb6
FA.gif
19:0021:5913 ?c3 ?c0.0 mm81 %
NNE.gif
2-3 mph1020 mb0
FA.gif
22:000:592 ?c4 ?c0.0 mm79 %
NW.gif
5-8 mph1020 mb0
NFA.gif

Weather from BBC looks much better.
weather.jpg

Thank you Mummy Jan :D I have my thermals ready haha! Have a good weekend too xx

Are you there yet in that little fiesta yet???
by the way it's raining down south

We aren't leaving until later as Dan has work :) I hope the rain stays down here!

Back