Cyclist on a road bike dosn't go well with curbs

TransAmDan

Forum Admin
Staff member
As the bunch of cyclists part left and right, this guy forgot to choose a side to go.
[video=youtube;URAJTht7afs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URAJTht7afs[/video]
That's gotta hurt. Good job he didn't catch his family jewels on the sign.

lol, true.

When we go to Burseldon Brickworks we will follow you this time.

yes follow me , i will follow the red camero...............and we will all get lost ......lol

That was hilarious :lol:

Though in general I'm in the middle with the whole cars vs cyclists debate. There are idiot drivers that don't look enough, signal, or give enough room, but there are just as many idiot cyclists that don't obey the rules of the road (ie go through red lights), ride in the middle of the road (this usually applies the the tosser spandex roadie brigade), or just ride like tools in general (such as chav's with their hands in their pockets riding down the road). Maddie rides to work every day and has fortunately not had any bad accidents, though she has come close due to drivers not paying enough attention to anything that isn't a big box on 4 wheels (she's almost been knocked off, one car came so close that it bend her rear mudguard).

Of course, throw in motorbikes too, and it goes in favor of the bikes. I was nearly knocked off by some old fool that didn't look properly before pulling out of the junction. How he could miss my bandit with its loud exhaust and headlights on I'll never know. I'm just glad Maddie wasn't on the back (which she was 5 minutes earlier) as it would have taken me longer to stop and we'd have both probably ended up in hospital.

Hahaha, if he had have carried on in a straight line I think he would have missed it!

Darren, I agree totally with you!

And as for Daniel and Mark.....you two are in trouble! (Looks like Dan's in fending for himself for dinner tonight lol).

cyclists should wear a helmet at all times, have 3rd party insurance, abide by the rules of the road, make themself more visable to other road users eg: fluorescent tabard.

Well Mary, I'd never ride mine without my helmet and my gear is all bright blue :)

I agree to with Mary to a certain extent (though you'd never catch me in a day-glo ponce vest). I think the insurance thing would never happen though because:
a) How could anyone check without any registration marks?
b) The costs would probably stupid, so people would just ride without it anyway (just looks at how many vehicles there are on the roads now without insurance)
c) People are being encouraged to ride bikes (especially by hippies like Boris Johnson) for health and environmental reasons, and the extra cost would make it less appealing.

Also, shouldn't bikes have an annual roadworthiness check? Other vehicles have to have a valid MoT. Again, probably wouldn't happen unless they started making bikes have to have a number plate.

Thing is, even with all those things, it wouldn't stop cars not looking properly and pulling out or into a cyclist. The only thing that will stop that is people being more cautious and observant.

Back