COVID-19

I’m officially working from home from tomm - got to go in and get my pc and files. Some people not so lucky as they’ve been temporarily laid off - I am definitely lucky.

police are already stopping transport and asking, each day is changing ,

I've not really been out since the weekend, went to Sainsbury to try to get milk.
Auntie goes shopping this evening and I look after mum(mum lives at my aunties) someone needs to be with mum at all times incase she chokes, she is bed bound, the careers leave and I take over. I went up at the weekend and didn't go further than the bedroom doorway, I can talk to her from there so she knows I'm there. So hopefully I'm not doing anything illegal by going to aunties this evening, I'll be travelling on my own and keeping distance between mum, auntie and the career.

I've not really been out since the weekend, went to Sainsbury to try to get milk.
Auntie goes shopping this evening and I look after mum(mum lives at my aunties) someone needs to be with mum at all times incase she chokes, she is bed bound, the careers leave and I take over. I went up at the weekend and didn't go further than the bedroom doorway, I can talk to her from there so she knows I'm there. So hopefully I'm not doing anything illegal by going to aunties this evening, I'll be travelling on my own and keeping distance between mum, auntie and the career.

I can entirely empathise. We lost Kay's father just last week after his five year fight with Dementia. Organising a funeral at the moment is far from easy. The problem now is looking after her elderly mother as she had two bad falls last year and has been reliant on me to take her shopping and run her around ever since as she isn't mobile. I'm supposed to be picking her shopping up tomorrow and taking it out to Waterlooville but just leaving it in the porch and not being able to support her properly when she needs it most is not easy. This whole situation makes it doubly difficult for you and everyone else who has to look after elderly relatives and I know how hard it can be.

I think you can claim 80% of your salary. I believe the employer claims it back from the government. My oldesr son's company closed yesterday, that's what they are doing anyway.
Spot on, but many companies are simply absorbing the loss and continuing to pay 100% for now. Was just hoping Graeme was one of the lucky ones!!
Perhaps we will see some TA restoration updates from him over the next few weeks?

i am still working have to go in as cannot work from home. i am worried about the future as its aircraft stuff i do. one of my work mates has been told to take 12 weeks off because he has had a transplant .

we are on emergency calls only and been told by e.mail wholesalers will be shutting so stock van ready but wholesaler didnt know this so watch this space as they say. everthing is on a day to day dasis at the moment ,

I wonder if air polution levels have dropped significantly at this time?

Since not many planes flying the clouds have gone. Is there a link there?

Since not many planes flying the clouds have gone. Is there a link there?
Yeah, strange. Maybe a sign from Mother Earth lol.
Seriously, look at this. This is for the US admittedly, but the proportions must be similar for the UK. Look how much is down to planes and cars...two things which are greatly reduced at the moment...
Screenshot_20200325-165048~2.png

I’ve seen graphs that point the finger at air transport. It’s all BS as you can manipulate figures to suit any argument.

I’ve seen graphs that point the finger at air transport. It’s all BS as you can manipulate figures to suit any argument.
Hmmm. There seems to be quite a deficit when you add petrol and diesel together. I think a considerable amount of BS would be needed to make aviation look the worse culprit.
We've gone off-thread again lol :oops:

Hmmm. There seems to be quite a deficit when you add petrol and diesel together. I think a considerable amount of BS would be needed to make aviation look the worse culprit.
We've gone off-thread again lol :oops:
Not at Will. It easy to manipulate numbers. How about if that graph counted number of people in cars (which would always be in accurate) whilst the numbers for aircraft counted individual flights?
And those are just the sort of shenanigans that people use. It’s bollocks. You can manipulate numbers to show anything in a positive or negative light. Don’t believe everything on the internet because if I was motivated to try I could find a counter to anything.