COVID-19

Plenty of lamb around these parts but we dont let it outside the welsh border lol ok we might let the muttan out lol, but yes the shelves are empty in morrssions bread cleaning soup isles all empty why panic buy we all have frezzers we properly all got 2 to 4 wks supply all the time at home ok we might need the daily stuff pint of milk loaf of bread the odd bottle or 2 ,

On a more positive note, Aldi in Havant still has a good supply of weaponry in stock for the forthcoming Zombie apocalypse.....

image.jpeg

IMG_20200320_165546.jpg
i too brought a new gas soldering iron from lidi got a few different tools in there at the mo.

There was a short piece on the news a couple of days ago showing panic buying in California. What were they queing for? You guessed it - Guns!

There was a short piece on the news a couple of days ago showing panic buying in California. What were they queing for? You guessed it - Guns!
Blimey!! No big surprise over there though lol! !!!
I bet guns will kill more Americans than Coronavirus this year!!! :confused:
The cops need guns cos the criminals have guns...so the public are all allowed to have guns too!!!
Great idea eh?!! lol :p:rolleyes:

Last edited:
How is this effecting everyone's work?

With a lot of businesses asking people to work from home, some are staying open with skeleton staff. Hows it is effecting people on here?

How is this effecting everyone's work?

With a lot of businesses asking people to work from home, some are staying open with skeleton staff. Hows it is effecting people on here?
My job has been unaffected so far, largely because I mainly work alone, although my boss comes in some days. The other employees are based in HK. But we are about to move to new premises where we will be sharing with another company of about 10 employees, so I am obviously a little wary about that.

We have just deployed additional solutions to allow more staff to work from home. That should reduce the amount of people at work by 35%.
I will be working from home by middle of the week.

Not affected my firm yet - although we have shut the doors to visitors. They are making plans “in case” we have to work from home but I would probably need to go in to collect files as it is a paper based job

Well, that's me in imposed self-isolation for 12 weeks! Went in this morning only to be told that due to my Asthma I'm not to go into the office for the next three months and to work at home. Quite how I'm supposed to give advice on listed building applications without actually being able to look at them doesn't seem to have occurred to them yet. However it does mean I might get the carbs on the Beetle cleaned and balanced, or are we supposed to be cutting down on carbs as well?!? ?

Well, that's me in imposed self-isolation for 12 weeks! Went in this morning only to be told that due to my Asthma I'm not to go into the office for the next three months and to work at home. Quite how I'm supposed to give advice on listed building applications without actually being able to look at them doesn't seem to have occurred to them yet. However it does mean I might get the carbs on the Beetle cleaned and balanced, or are we supposed to be cutting down on carbs as well?!? ?
Seems a good point given your job role, but nice to hear that your employer is putting health before business. Take care and stay safe mate (y). Yep, I reckon those kind of carbs should be fine lol :cool:

Some employers still seem to have it the other way round though, even after last night's expansion on the governments warnings! No word from either mine or my wife's employer that their business will be suspended, despite either of them being what you might call essential. As of 8:30 last night, public gatherings of more than two people are prohibited. So... does that mean we can't contract or spread the virus just because we are at work?! lol :unsure::rolleyes:
Doesn't make sense to me. My youngest son has asthma too :confused:

Whilst the PM said that the measures will come into force immediately they still need to go through the House of Commons to become law. This is where some employers will ignore it until they can’t, likely the end of the week.

Seems a good point given your job role, but nice to hear that your employer is putting health before business. Take care and stay safe mate (y). Yep, I reckon those kind of carbs should be fine lol :cool:

Some employers still seem to have it the other way round though, even after last night's expansion on the governments warnings! No word from either mine or my wife's employer that their business will be suspended, despite either of them being what you might call essential. As of 8:30 last night, public gatherings of more than two people are prohibited. So... does that mean we can't contract or spread the virus just because we are at work?! lol :unsure::rolleyes:
Doesn't make sense to me. My youngest son has asthma too :confused:

Thanks for that?. Obviously I posted that before the "announcement" last night as it seems that pretty much everyone is now in the same boat, at least for the next three weeks, and there is no telling how many times it will be extended. ?

I completely agree with you as well, there seems to be very little help in defining these buzz words that keep being bandied about, not just in terms of work and jobs etc but in what constitutes "vulnerable adults", "limited exercise", and "shopping for essentials" (although I did notice that Off Licences were missed of the list of essential shops that would remain open, an oversight surely ?) etc. Both you and your wife need to have some kind of clarity as to whether or not you are supposed to be going in which could ultimately put you at risk. Most employers are going to be pushing for as many people to be working as possible as it is better for their business despite it being against government advice. There is actually something on the news today that Sports Direct are intending to stay open as buying a pair of cut price trainers is obviously an "essential service". ??

Hope you get it sorted, and I suspect as things bed in there will be a greater clarity. Let's be honest, making the announcement at 8.30 in the evening hasn't helped matters as it hasn't given enough time for businesses time to contact employees before people are due to leave for work this morning. ??

Whilst the PM said that the measures will come into force immediately they still need to go through the House of Commons to become law. This is where some employers will ignore it until they can’t, likely the end of the week.

There also seems to be some confusion over what constitutes "essential services". I think there will be more clarity once things start to bed in, but making the announcement at 8.30PM didn't really give businesses time to make contingency plans before they were supposed to start.

There also seems to be some confusion over what constitutes "essential services". I think there will be more clarity once things start to bed in, but making the announcement at 8.30PM didn't really give businesses time to make contingency plans before they were supposed to start.

in my opinion any employer that has got this far without contingency plans does not have their employees welfare at heart.

Walked up to Denmead earlier, one for exercise and two to collect my prescriptions. Everyone was very corteous and keeping safe distances. On the way back I was walking towards the oncoming traffic which allowed me to pass other walkers by walking in the road! Couldn't have done that a few days ago - virtually no traffic on the road. Dan knows how busy Denmead can get.