COVID-19

TransAmDan

Forum Admin
Staff member
Its effecting many people and what we do. Many shows postponing.

Found this interesting compoarison on other Pandemics https://www.visualcapitalist.com/history-of-pandemics-deadliest, obviously the toll of COVID-19 is still counting, but its a small drop in the ocean compared to previous pandemics.

Imagine if Facebook was around during the Spanish flu, there would be no loo roll at all. Social media and the generial media have got a lot to answer for creating mass panic. Just follow government guidlines.

If Facebook had been around during Spanish Flu it would have been "Fasbook". Bubonic Plague was the real game changer as it finished the concept of serfdom and feudalism and allowed people to charge for their labour rather than being tied to the land. Social Media isn't helping at all, but does it actually help anything? Oh, "Plague of Justinian"? Wasn't that a Goth band?

Last edited:
Oh, I thought you were referring to Justin Beibers singing.... he sounds like he’s dying from the plague!

(Not that he’d be any loss to society!!)

Does he sing? I've always assumed he was some kind of bizarre novelty act I didn't quite understand. He wouldn't be out of place on Vic and Bob's "Novelty Island" or "Eurotrash" ?

DON'T PANIC..................................... Mr Mannering

Oh, I thought you were referring to Justin Beibers singing.... he sounds like he’s dying from the plague!

(Not that he’d be any loss to society!!)
It's not just him. There's quite a few to choose from if you ask me. How they can call some of today's squeaky, nasally, straining noises singing is beyond belief.

I don't know that much about him TBH. I know he was quite wayward as a youth, but that he has since matured and has a family now?

He challenged Tom Cruise to a cage fight at the end of last year. No history of animosity between them, just out the blue. Tom Cruise’s reaction was understandably “what the f**k?”.
Not very mature, but perhaps very unstable.

He challenged Tom Cruise to a cage fight at the end of last year. No history of animosity between them, just out the blue. Tom Cruise’s reaction was understandably “what the f**k?”.
Not very mature, but perhaps very unstable.
Huh!! That does make him sound like a bit of a tw*t! lol

Good to see the people of Portsmouth getting their priorities right with their unnecessary panic buying.....

image.jpeg

I’ve heard that there was actually a fight over toilet rolls in Tesco’s (Evesham I think).
Unbelievable, I mean honestly who would fight over toilet rolls????!
Then I worked it out........

Justin Beiber must be in town!

Ooooh. The conspiracy theorists are saying full lockdown is coming, tomorrow night!
Apparently the military have been seen traveling too major cities.....

Does that mean people cant go out and buy another 72 loo rolls each?

This is getting serious, Farlington Sainsbury’s is completely out of Douche Flute Fluid....how will people cope?!?! ?

A8A3514E-302B-4B5A-9F30-41D37C720017.jpeg

I've just been into sainsburys to get a sandwich - there is no meat, no fruit, no veg, no bread, no milk amongst the other items people have been panic buying!! In fact the shelves are nearly all empty!

I noticed that too. Fortunately Farlington Sainsbury’s had enough Old Speckled Hen and Abbott Ale to last a few days for “Self-medication” purposes, obviously.....?