Car Stereos

MRKRYS69

Core Member
If anyone on here is in need of a cheap(ish) secondhand stereo for their motor give me a shout, I always have a selection in stock:-

CD Players
Cassette Players
Mini-disc Players
Amplifiers
MP3 CD Players
Ford Double Din Stereos
Multi-Changer Systems

I can also de-code Ford Double Din stereos (for the price of a coke on club night) Ford charge ?25!!

Fitting service also available.

What mp3/cd head units do you have and what do you want for 1. I'm ideally looking for one with an aux or USB port too, but I can live without those. The more RCA outs on the back, the better too.

I'll have a little look through my stock and get back to you shortly.

Best one I have to match your requirements is a Sony X-plod model

3x Sets of pre-outs (front, rear, subwoofer)
Aux in socket
Animated display
Remote (gotta find where I put it)
Multi-changer control
Motorized faceplate
etc etc etc

got no camera at the mo, so here is a pic off the net

sony_xplod_cdx_gt710.jpg

I am not sure if I have the fascia surround, will check.

Selling for ?75, but with your Renegade discount, ?50 cash....

let me know what you think.

I do have some cheaper, but lower spec models if this is too much.

Thanks Krys! The head unit was a straight swap for my old one and works perfectly. I can even get it loud enough to hear over the car :D ...just (I don't push them so that they distort, so it's pretty loud with keeping a clean sound.) Will be sorting my amps out shortly.

I've got an amp for the fronts and rears, but I may be looking for other amps too; I just need to work out what I'm doing with the subs. I currently have a bass tube in there (temporary) but am currently thinking about swapping it for a sub array (1 or 2 x 8", 1 x 10", and 1 x 12 or 15") built into a custom box. This will allow me to have each sub handle a different frequency range, so should never have farty subs :lol:

It's either that or I get a 2nd 10" or 2 8" subs sub and run them in a dipolar setup. I need the bass to be fast, tight, and accurate rather than slow and boomy.

Last edited:
Glad your happy Darren.

If you need anything else just give me a shout, if I don't have what you want, I can generally find it.

If the problem is that it is getting no or similar I can have a look at it for you. I just don't take units apart.

Ok thanks, will probably take you up on that offer. Won't be for a while as not sure when I'll be able to drive again!!

Whenever your ready, I am always at club night or most of the local shows.

Back