double din radio cd sat nav units advice please

saleen 192

Core Member
As above going to be replacing a double din unit not done one before and all this modern gizmo stuff they have on them and jargon gets a bit confusing,

XTRONS TCD618 Double 2 DIN Android 7.1 Car CD DVD Player Stereo GPS Sat Nav DAB+ | eBa

s-l1600.jpg

jUst chosen one randomely of e.bay not brought one yet, so i would possibley need wire hardness to plug from car uto new unit beleave halfords sell these? do these head units have everything built into them or do you have to link it to your phone (dont want to do this)

looking for something to have radio, satnav, cd all in don't want cd changer in boot or extras from phone and must be double din not single din with flip out head unit more change of getting damaged,

looking at around 300quid all in with wire harness to be far so this might limit might options

Before buying, see if you can view a live demo of it. A friend had one, you press a button and wait for an age for it to change screens. Very sluggish, i guess they may have improved since then.

Good point might have to venture into halfords then doh, it's for a new daily toy but saying till i pick it up

Last edited:
whats all this android stuff mean some have higher numer rating presumto go higher the better,

Android is a type of operating systems, used on many phones that are not Apple. Also used on a lot of Tablets. Its a good platform for a touch screen system. Some of the numbers will be processor details and Mhz. Some processors are quad core, probably has memory specked as well. May be worth trying one out in halfords, you may be able to find the same model cheaper online.

just looked on website for halford not much choice doh,

Without knowing what car its for its hard to make a recommendation. For example US cars do not have the standard ISO connection that European cars do and therefore a harness will be required and Halfords will NOT sell one.
The Android based unit I have in the Challenger is speedy, but I would have preferred Apple CarPlay.

20180630_110642.jpg20180709_185105.jpg20180707_135644.jpg
I have a new daily driver , car has iso wiring and halford sell the iso plug wiring harness but not a sutible 2 din unit want one where it's all loaded into unit not where you have to plug your phone into to get all the extras ,
just radio cd sat nav mybe rear view camera as well but NOT where you have to plug your phone into it,

Do they??? See if you can find me a couple to choose that DONT need to be plugged into phone

Morning servant lol. Will look if it dose everything with out plugging phone then thats great.
Just seen you day out post you were in Gloucester shire dam should of asked you to check out sextons audio shop see if its still there e.mailled them but like every other bussiness not reply.

changed the pollen filter oil filter gearbox filter air filter so far waiting on audio company in gloucchestershire to get back to me about a alpine unit hopefully next week and then get fitted :thumb:

20180808_152112.jpg

well it's finally been fitted ,
radio dvd/cd satnav blue tooth mobile phone DAB and i don't have to plug a god dam thing into it . Lots of sub menu's still to set up as was on lorry speed sencing instead of car changed male voice to female voice for sat nav well just love women telling me what to do all the time lol,

Last edited:
Looks good :)

Why do you need all that stuff? Surely a distration from looking where you're going!

Why do you need all that stuff? Surely a distration from looking where you're going!
agree best sound is a v8 burbble but as this is only a flat 4 twinscroll (basically 2 turbos in on ) and the audio was from japan as 1st owner in the uk needed changing prop never us the dvd side but sometime will have a cd in car playing or have satnav on again didnt want extra device plug into unit or have device stuck to windscreen my H6 subaru had touch creen built into dash much nicer than having extra unit i could of swopped main unit and cd reader for maps from my old car but its a lot of work but still needed radio and cd player so all in one unit. did take garage longer than expected quoted about an hour as pictures i sent showing plug and play wiring ended up being 2.5 hours no extra charge.

Back