Brooklands Museum 'American Day' Show (Weybridge, Surrey) Sunday 1st Sept 10am-5pm

Afternoon all

Brooklands Museum :: American Da

This should be a great show at a great venue this Sunday

I'll be there and you don't need to register - just turn up and show what you brought

Anyone else attending? If so then look out for my blacked-out 69 Chevelle

Josh

Thanks for posting. A few of us go to that one, they mainly use Facebook. Nigel will be there in a Black 05 mustang.

Linked the Calendar entry to this thread now.

There are a huge amount of Challengers going :)

Thanks for posting. A few of us go to that one, they mainly use Facebook. Nigel will be there in a Black 05 mustang.

Linked the Calendar entry to this thread now.

Should be good, hopefully the weather will hold out!

Need to clean the remains of the Cranleigh show's field from the underside of my car and fenders

Need to clean the remains of the Cranleigh show's field from the underside of my car and fenders

doing burn outs were we good man :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Last edited:
doing buring were we good man :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Haha - not quite - was supremely lumpy field and with wife and kids in I was bottoming out until I got out and pumped some air into the shocks

That said I keep inadvertently wheels spinning out of t junctions since I put these cobra's on the wheels and had the kickdown sorted, scaring the odd pedestrian or driver - makes me chuckle though

That said I keep inadvertently wheels spinning out of t junctions since I put these cobra's on the wheels and had the kickdown sorted, scaring the odd pedestrian or driver - makes me chuckle though

lol,,keep the good work ,

Uhhh, yeah, that's more than a wheel spin - plus I'm running a small block and no blower!

Great video though - hahahahahahaha

I think its more of the Don't show off when leaving a show (yep we all do it at some point during Yank ownership),,,,now too costly to repair/replace these days

I'm pretty sure a club meet some years ago was marred by a couple of cars doing burnouts on the brickwork drive at the enterance. The club had to repair the damage at it's own cost! It's just not worth it (Sometimes).

well remembered chris, think you are right it was here,
back when i used to attend before they charged the car/ petrolheads the same as general public think that has now changed ???? and no wasnt me doing burn outs there,

Last edited:
I think its more of the Don't show off when leaving a show (yep we all do it at some point during Yank ownership),,,,now too costly to repair/replace these days

Burnouts aside (that isn’t what I do btw) am really looking forward to the show tomorrow.

Taking my two kids and aim to take plenty of photos - will post my faves

Cheers!

Was a great day at Brooklands today. All the waxing and fiddling were rewarded with sunshine and some good chats!

We rolled up around 11am and they were about 2/3 full at that point. Got a nice spot on the lawn next to a couple of 1930 Ford Hot rods. I’d be guess but I’d say 500-600 cars?! Kids had my phone so had to use the nipper’s to take some photos that haven’t synced yet - here are a few I have now... EC893A02-08CF-4F0C-8EB5-16958112725B.jpg80ED0A68-9543-4B0B-8A45-04E54801103E.jpg63878A39-63BA-4F2E-8C86-621E76186CAB.jpg6B619CFB-390C-4B84-8867-DB68FAE89298.jpg33C38DAE-DE81-4D4B-BB14-3BA485D1FEFF.jpg

Nice, looks like a great day. Thanks for posting photos.

who photo bombed with that Audi then Doh,,,,

loooks like a good turn so waiting for the rest of the photo now,
thanks for posting so far,

Saw the Chevelle, but no one there at the time.
Almost 300 photos taken and we think we got everyone.
Currently being sorted through and shrunk into something manageable.
A good day, got to meet some old and new friends and joined the Mopar club!

Back