Big Block '72 Nova - London

Boris396

Afternoon guys and girls

I'm Alex, 24 from London and i drive a '72 Nova.

Considering I've come from the fast ford scene, the Chevy is a big change to say the least. I bought her back in November last year from the fella who imported it in August 2012. I've had a muscle car itch since I started driving and once I saw the Nova up on eBay, it took 5 days for it to be parked on the drive.

A brief spec is as follows....

'72 Nova in Tuxedo black
Performance built 396ci (built in the states)
750 Holley
TH350 Auto
Hooker ceramic coated headers
RPM Air Gap intake
3 inch Exhaust system with Powerflow mufflers.

I believe it's running a 10bolt 8.5 open rear end, which I believe to be the original rear - she was originally a 250ci 6 pot.
This will be swapped for a more heavy duty posi at some point.

Since November she's had a few little bits tidied up under the hood as she nearly killed me on the 4th day of owning her but that's another story.
It's currently undergoing a rewire as it was badly needed, but on the whole she's a sweet solid motor and I couldn't be happier.

I look forward to chatting to you all.

IMG_6846.JPGIMG_6857.jpgIMG_6867.jpgIMG_6870.JPGIMG_6879.JPGIMG_6841.jpg

Wow, niiiice. It does look very clean and tidy. I bet it sounds as good as it looks with the exhaust system.
Welcome to the website. we do have another member 'Darren' who also has a Chevy Nova similar or same year, so I'm sure you can exchange info.

I bet it turns many heads. :peep:

Cheers for the welcomes guys... That's a lovely '73 you got there Darren.

The head turning was a big part of why I had to have it, it's no fun having a motor that blends in!

The wheels are a bit too big for my liking though (they're 17s), so I'm currently debating a set of AR-23s or Cragar Rally's (15x8 front & 15x10 rear) wrapped in BFG's.

Thanks, it's getting there. Lots to be done though :)

Nice choice of wheels. Personally I see far too many cars with American Racing Thrusts. I'm thinking about some Hole Shot - Hole Pro 2's for mine at some point down the line.

Torque thrusts and BFG's are pretty much a given on most muscle cars over here.

They're some mean looking wheels.

When's the first show due, and does the club attend many shows together?

When's the first show due, and does the club attend many shows together?

There is a breakfast run this weekend coming, although they would be a bit far to come just for breakfast.
The first big show is Good Friday, Event called Wheels day, usually in Aldershot, but its going to be at Dunsfold aerodrome (top Gear Track) for the first time. More details here:- Wheels Day 2014

The following Sunday after the easter weekend is the Club start of season show. Renegades Season Opener 2014

We try to attend many shows together, we had a convoy of around 20 vehicles to Alton once. We usually get between 10 and 15 cars attending shows. During show season, there is soo many things to go to, so not everyone can make the same ones.

There is a breakfast run this weekend coming, although they would be a bit far to come just for breakfast.
The first big show is Good Friday, Event called Wheels day, usually in Aldershot, but its going to be at Dunsfold aerodrome (top Gear Track) for the first time. More details here:- Wheels Day 2014

The following Sunday after the easter weekend is the Club start of season show. Renegades Season Opener 2014

We try to attend many shows together, we had a convoy of around 20 vehicles to Alton once. We usually get between 10 and 15 cars attending shows. During show season, there is soo many things to go to, so not everyone can make the same ones.

Cheers dude :high5:

Both look good to me. I'll do my best to make both.

So is the Renegades season opener just for Solent Renegade members?

Will there be a club stand at wheels day?

Sorry for all the Qs

Wheels day is very big. Over 1000 cars there last year, photos from Wheels Day 2003
A few photos galleries from over the years. Wheels Day Photos Galleries
Certainly worth going, although not sure what the traffic will be like, a few roads in an out are apparently single file traffic, so if a car brakes down due to heat or any other reason it could be slow going. So I'd aim to get there as early as possible. We try to park together at Wheels Day, but its not always possible, but with the new venue it may work in favor of that.

The season opener is open to everyone with an American or Classic car, we had over 100 cars last year, so its no where near as big as Wheels day, but does seem to be getting bigger each year. Season Opener 2013, Renegades end of season show 2013.

There is lots more on during the year. Here are just a few, Events and Shows Full list here:- Events for 2014 still loads to be added....

Wheels day is very big. Over 1000 cars there last year, photos from Wheels Day 2003
A few photos galleries from over the years. Wheels Day Photos Galleries
Certainly worth going, although not sure what the traffic will be like, a few roads in an out are apparently single file traffic, so if a car brakes down due to heat or any other reason it could be slow going. So I'd aim to get there as early as possible. We try to park together at Wheels Day, but its not always possible, but with the new venue it may work in favor of that.

The season opener is open to everyone with an American or Classic car, we had over 100 cars last year, so its no where near as big as Wheels day, but does seem to be getting bigger each year. Season Opener 2013, Renegades end of season show 2013.

There is lots more on during the year. Here are just a few, Events and Shows Full list here:- Events for 2014 still loads to be added....

Cheers Dan. I'll do my best to get to as many as I can.

Do you guys get up to the pod as a club much?

Many years ago we did attend as a club, not for racing just for watching. A couple of us have signed up for the UK Power Tour by V8 UK. Its free to sign up, with more info here:- UK Power Tour 2014 Sign up page here:- UK POWER TOUR SIGN UP | V8UK
Some of us will also be going up to Santapod to watch European finals later on in the year and maybe a few before then too.

I've never taken my car down Santapod yet. There was a local drag drip at a Thorney Island show, i had a go at that, but the start of the track was like driving on marbles, so much tyre rubber balls left and no grip. Should be great fun though taking it down the Pod.

Soo many events, and not enough days in the year, lol, soo many on the same day. I'm sure we will catch up at one of them.

Welcome to the forum Alex.....and wow, what a motor!! She is stunning! Looking forward to seeing her in the flesh!

Cheers Sarah! :smile:

I'm guessing you're referring to the video Darren... it turned me into an excited 10 year old when I heard it, there was no going back!

Many years ago we did attend as a club, not for racing just for watching. A couple of us have signed up for the UK Power Tour by V8 UK. Its free to sign up, with more info here:- UK Power Tour 2014 Sign up page here:- UK POWER TOUR SIGN UP | V8UK
Some of us will also be going up to Santapod to watch European finals later on in the year and maybe a few before then too.

I've never taken my car down Santapod yet. There was a local drag drip at a Thorney Island show, i had a go at that, but the start of the track was like driving on marbles, so much tyre rubber balls left and no grip. Should be great fun though taking it down the Pod.

Soo many events, and not enough days in the year, lol, soo many on the same day. I'm sure we will catch up at one of them.

I actually signed up for the power tour as soon as I heard about it. But I've just bought a house (had to get the Chevy before I did, otherwise it would never of happened!) so whether I make the entire trip is up in the air as 150miles to a tank at ?80 a pop is a lot of doe!

None the less I will try and make it to at least 1 of the tracks.

I haven't taken her down the strip yet either, although I plan to attend a few RWYB days at the pod just for a laugh. Would be good if we could organise a club day out down there?

It'll be good to get together with you all. I was (still am) on focusSTOC.com when I had my ST500 and that was very active in terms of meets and events so I do like a good meet up.

If you can't make the pod there's alway american speedfest in june
American Speedfest 2014 at Brands Hatch
Not sure yet what i will be takeing weather it be mustang or TA (Dan did SR not have a link to speedfest?) or am i geting old????
Event was good last year but bloody cold

It is that very same car Mr Saleen!

Can't wait to see it again at some more shows! There are loads of us V8Ukers heading to wheels day too so will be good to meet up with you Solent guys properly before the UK Power Tour in May! :D

hi and welcome nice nova

Back