Beaulieu Museum Custom & Hot Rod Festival 21st June

Great piccies :)

Very nice pics

I don't know if you noticed the renegades website at the bottom of each photo?? I see the photos get shared a lot over social media so thought it would be good if people knew where the photos were from, without covering the whole thing :)

I don't know if you noticed the renegades website at the bottom of each photo?? I see the photos get shared a lot over social media so thought it would be good if people knew where the photos were from, without covering the whole thing :)

Good idea Sarah.

Yep, certainly a good idea. If someone shares the photo on Faceache then there is a chance it could generate traffic back to the website. If anyone wanted a higher resolution photo, Sarah is happy to send out the original for free. Just one in many ways to try to generate traffic on the website. :)

The images are all made smaller for the forum/facebook as the originals are too big. But if anyone wants them I'll always email them over :) Some people say I should charge for this but there's no way I'd do that, I do this all as a hobbie :)

Its a contentious issue. You have taken the photos of other peoples cars, many with the number plate clearly visible. You don't have express permission of each vehicle owner but give free reign for anyone to use your photos.
If it was me I would consider having a disclaimer attached to them somewhere so that you are not responsible for how they might be used or where they end up.

I know it seems like a pain - but its just the sort of thing that would lead to invasion of privacy accusations or identity theft or something similar.

Anyone on the forum a solicitor or sufficient knowledgeable to offer advice on this? - I'd hate to see something so innocently done for the benefit of all come back and bite.
By the way - you have my permissions to use photos of my car(s)!!!

There is a few odd people out there that could cause havoc. The thing is they are showing their car at a public event, so it is their choice to be there. We have got many photos going back years, nothing has popped up yet. It will be interesting to see what the legal side of things are. Beaulieu has made a video, with all the cars and numbers plates in view, I'm sure if there was some legal issue they should be up to speed on it.
We should be fine :eyebrows:

I'll see if anyone here at work can confirm things :)

Thanks good stuff, I knew we had someone in the know in the club, or someone who knows someone. :)

Have just spoken to a Copyright lawyer who just so happens to be sat behind me lol

Apparently the law on showing number plates of vehicles not belonging to you in pictures is in fact part of "privacy law". Number plates should ideally be covered up or removed in photo's as the owner could take offence and sue for breach of privacy!!
When posting your pictures, you should ideally mark them all with the copyright logo (which includes the year you have taken it) as this will then stop the use of those photo's by someone other than yourself. You don't need to register your copyright, you can simply just add the logo onto all your pictures. You do of course have to give the owner of the subject being taken the option to have the original copy without the copyright logo on it.

Hope this helps :)

Thanks, yes it helps a bit. At the moment there is no copyright logo, so everyone is free to use the images off the website. If the owner of the vehicle wants a higher res image with no marks on it they are free to ask. Hopefully by that method we are not treading on anyone's toes. We have had a few owners ask for photos as they are positively pleased with how photogenic their vehicle is. I guess we will sit and wait and hope the 'breach of privacy' person isn't taking their vehicles to shows.
Or is it safer to pop a small copyright symbol with date in the bottom corner? does that protect us against the 'privacy person' as no one else is legally allowed to use the photos?

Yes, you should be adding the copyright logo on it which will stop people using it against your (or the vehicle owners) use.

Have too agree you now see a lot of pictures with forum id or person's name or bussiness name on the picture somewhere to stop future issues shame it's come to this ..

My opinion............you don't want you car photographed.....don't go out it in lol :)

The next batch I'll pop a Copyright logo on it..........not that that makes any difference on social media...........

Yep, sounds like a plan. Its not much more work to stick a copyright symbol on there with the website address. Sarah set up some sort of automated photoshop script, it was whizzing though the photos opening them editing and closing all by itself.

Back