Beaulieu Museum Custom & Hot Rod Festival 21st June

TransAmDan

Forum Admin
Staff member
This is what was announced at club night on Tuesday 17th of Feb

21st June - Custom & Hot Rod Festival at Beaulieu Museum in partnership with the Solent Renegades

A single day event this year, on Fathers Day. This event will have the Solent Renegades name to it. How good is that!?!, The Victory Wheelers had decided that they didn't want to do Beaulieu any longer, and Beaulieu wanted to find another club and we were mentioned. Keith from the Wheelers put in a very good word for us. The initial meeting went well, a draft contract has been made by Beaulieu, 12 pages long mainly saying we need to advertise this event in all ways we can, i.e. Facebook, forums, flyers at car shows(they supply flyers) etc. They will advertise in magazines once we have let them know a list of the best magazines to advertise this show. We need to have a good show of club cars as well, and bring in as many American and Hot Rod vehicles as possible. So what's in it for us?, well not only is it a great boost for the club name, they will buy us banners, and a few other club related items we need, this is the best way as we no longer have a club bank account. This could be a start of a great partnership with Beaulieu, and in years to come could be a weekend event again. Awesome!!.

Just pinging this thread to the top, as I created it earlier today but hid it until it was announced tonight at club. :)

Sadly my lot will be unable to attend as we fly back from Egypt on this day but will be thinking of you all x

Ad me to the list even my Dad want's to come alone as well, now will he drive an american car that's the question

Ad me to the list even my Dad want's to come alone as well, now will he drive an american car that's the question
Will he be driving the Saleen or the Trans-Am, I'm not sure which one you would trust him in more. As the Saleen is a good workbench and very useful, you will probably let him use the Trans-Am

Sounds like a great event - well done in sorting in this out.
Now, Billing or Beaulieu?
oh no, another event falling on a Billing day like our 'Start of Season show' on the 19th April.
Well if you do Beaulieu then in the evening is the Southsea Cruise is on :)

I want to do both, but Billing on the 21/6 is the biggest on the calendar!!
Fair enough. I guess the cloning machines wont be working by then, else you could have gone to both and re-merged yourself later in the day. Mind you, you would have to clone the car too, and DVLA might not like you doing that, so there goes that one.

Perhaps some time this afternoon I will generate an article for this event on the front page, with all the details, something I can edit at a later date, along with photo links and links to Beaulieu (I can finally type that word right every time now) website. When I get a flyer that will go on the article too. That will be the ideal link to share around :) At least at the moment word is getting around that the event is on, where it was a grey area before.

if you can let us have something to hand out (we can print a few copies) before 4 Mar that would help us publicise it.
Brilliant, thanks. I believe Beaulieu are knocking something up now. As soon as I have something, I'll pass it on.

on the Beaulieu page for the event they have given us a very welcoming introduction. how good is that, well happy :)

[h=4]With the assistance of Solent Renegades[/h]
solent-renegades.jpg
The Solent Renegades are a local and friendly UK Classic American Car Club; started more than 15 years ago in a pub in Portsmouth they have grown to become one of the most recognised car club names in the South.

I think the wording needs changing ....if you didn't know the club ...you would think it's just for classic american vehicles , it should read ..the solent renegades .. american / custom / classic vehicle car club ...its never been just for american vehicles...and I can't remember it ever being a hot rod club ...or have I missed something ...

We have always been titled it as 'Classic & American car club', they got that info from our website.

We have a couple of classic cars on our website, but we hardly ever see them, we keep the word 'classic' in our title. it would be nice to have more classic cars on board.

Last edited:
on the Beaulieu page for the event they have given us a very welcoming introduction. how good is that, well happy :)

[h=4]With the assistance of Solent Renegades[/h]
solent-renegades.jpg
The Solent Renegades are a local and friendly UK Classic American Car Club; started more than 15 years ago in a pub in Portsmouth they have grown to become one of the most recognised car club names in the South.

Oh.......I spy Mick and Alan's Mustangs in the photo above our mention! :D

Oooh and there's camping for participants too :) :) :) :)

Oooh and there's camping for participants too :) :) :) :)
Yes there is, but its not the same as camping last year. There is a place to pitch up your tents the night before, mainly aimed at people traveling from afar. There will be loo's but no entertainment on the Saturday. I can find out more on this.

Back