Awesome 2012 Camaro ZL1

TransAmDan

Forum Admin
Staff member
I just had this emails from the Camaro 5 forum, which I@m a member of for selling the Camaro lights.
Dear Camaro5 Member,

GM has just released more official info [here] on the 2012 Camaro ZL1, and we're happy to share that the ZL1 has been officially rated at 580hp and 556 lb-ft torque!

We won't spoil all the fun for you here in this e-mail, but you can find all the new ZL1 facts and details HERE. There's also some shots of a beautiful new silver ZL1 =)
2012-Chevrolet-Camaro-ZL1-front-view-in-motion.jpg
Thats a heck of a lot of power to come as standard.
The 2012 Chevy Camaro ZL1 will make 580 horsepower at 6000 rpm and 556 lb-ft of torque at 4200 rpm.

2012-Chevrolet-Camaro-ZL1-front-three-quarters-view-in-motion.jpg
More Details:- http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupes/1109_2012_chevy_camaro_zl1_makes_580_horsepower/

Last edited:
That's more power bhp than the new standard mustang, don't think the roush or saleen new versions even are that high in bhp ?

The Mustang is close, Ford’s Shelby GT500, rated 550 horsepower and 510 foot-pound of torque.
The Camaro engine is a specially tuned version of the 6.2-liter supercharged LSA small block V-8 the extra horses come from its unique induction system with a lower-restriction air filter, dual inlet paths and improved supercharger housing airflow. The supercharger intercooler is of a higher efficiency. Transmission options are a six-speed automatic with manumatic control and a Tremec six-speed manual.

You are wetting my taste buds to change my mustang:decision:

Back