Adblue issues on van

saleen 192

Core Member
Garage found issue with works van the adblue tank and pump damaged. Waiting on vauxhall as part on back order. But look what adblue dose to the workshop floor looks like fiberglass film sheet when you look at adblue in containers you buy from garage fuel station it looks like water in clear tub but clearly not.
IMG_20221201_081423.jpg

IMG_20221122_084720.jpg

Would be interesting to see a chemical analysis on Adblue. Wouldnt surprise it's worse for the environment than not putting it in, it's just to falsely make emmisions look better. Wonder what it's like in liquid form and when it's burnt.
Looking at your floor it seems to have a corrosive element to it.

When you put it in van the filler neck and surrounding area looks like a crystal mess unless you wipe it clean. The garage floor looks like a sheet of fiberglass OK there will be other chemicals on a commercial garage floor.
I mybe wrong but think some domestic diesel cars modern ones also now use adblue. We have big storage tanks of it but garage fuel stations sell the 10lt cans of it. You could be right about the chemical make of it and the emissions

focus my daughter had. i had to get underneath it to fit the additive tank then plug it into a laptop to tell the car i had refilled the tank ??

Back