1976 Chevrolet Corvette For Sale

RSS_Auto_Poster

10933.jpg

I never expected to sell my Corvette, but times change, so here you have my cherished C3...<br />
As with all 1976 Corvettes, the car is a coupe with T-Top roof sections.<br />
I have tried to maintain the car with as few visual changes to the original design as possible.<br />
The 1976 year was the last C3 to carry the "Stingray" emblem<br />
<br />
My understanding of the history was that the car was imported in 1992 by East Midland Corvette, moved to Aberdeen and was purchased there by the previous owner in 1997.<br />
There have been three previous owners since 1992.<br />
<br />
For those know what to look for in C3 "vettes; The bird cage is sound with no active corrosion, the chassis and body mounts are all solid with no active corrosion.<br />
The rear light conversion to UK standard has been done sympathetically with no additional lamp assemblies (reversing lamps are now indicators).<br />
<br />
Last year the car passed 40 years since its actual build date, so the V5 was amended and the car is now registered as "Historic Vehicle" and is tax exempt.<br />
<br />
The current MOT expires on May 11th 2018, but I can re-test the car if required.<br />
<br />
The following is a copy of a sheet I started to detail the changes I have made to make the performance of the car match the looks.<br />
<br />
<br />
Corvette<br />
1976 Model Year<br />
VIN #1Z37L6S******<br />
Built in St. Louis on 24th February 1976<br />
Engine #2M0609OP34 <br />
Trim Code: 712<br />
Paint Code: 72L<br />
Body Build Date Code: C25<br />
Bought by me 21st April 1998<br />
<br />
Body<br />
Original paint<br />
1980 Rear Panel incorporating spoiler<br />
L-88 High Rise bonnet (original in storage)<br />
<br />
<br />
Engine<br />
The original L48 engine, was replaced in December 2002. Replacement engine built by Joe Ketler of All Chevy Engines, Dallas, Texas (now out of business). Estimated 430BHP<br />
Original engine complete and in storage<br />
<br />
383ci Generation-I Chevrolet Small Block<br />
400ci externally balanced block with single piece rear oil seal<br />
Four-bolt main bearing caps<br />
3.75 Stroke Crank<br />
4.03 Bore. Hyper-eutectic Pistons<br />
Pro Comp Aluminium Cylinder Heads: 72cc Combustion chambers, 2.05 Intake valve, 1.60 Exhaust valve, 215cc intake port volume, Straight plug entries with 3/4 reach<br />
Competition Cams #08-443-8. 110deg LSA. Duration at 0.05; 242 In, 248 Ex. Gross lift; 0.540 In, 0.562 Ex (with 1:1.5 rockers)<br />
Edelbrock Performer RPM Aluminium Intake<br />
Fel-Pro #1206 intake gaskets<br />
Edelbrock 1407, 750cfm Carburettor (Rod & Jet change from Chart Position #1 to Position #10)<br />
K&N 4 x 14 diam Intake Filter<br />
Davies Unified HEI Distributor: Mechanical advance of 18 , all in at 2600RPM providing 36 BTDC (equals 18 BTDC initial). Vacuum advance restricted to 12 . Vacuum can re-sprung to pull in fully at -6 Hg. Total possible advance of 42 BTDC.<br />
Solid motor mounts<br />
Hooker Super Competition Headers: 1 3/4 Full length primaries, 3 Collector. Sensor bung welded to R/H collector for Air/Fuel meter<br />
Magnaflow Exhaust with X-Pipe crossover. Bespoke adaptors for connection to headers<br />
Original Air Conditioning removed<br />
<br />
Transmission<br />
Originally TH350 3-speed auto; changed by previous owner to 700R4 4-speed auto.<br />
Replaced with Tremec TKO-600 5-speed manual gearbox in December 2005<br />
Ratios = 2.87, 1.89, 1.28, 1.0, 0.64<br />
19 tooth (pink) speedo drive<br />
<br />
Rear End<br />
3.73 gear set from Tom s (replaced the original 3.08 in August 2008)<br />
LSD re-built with solid clutches (replacing snowflake type) and tuned to remove spring packs. Carrier polished and radiused.<br />
<br />
<br />
Suspension Front<br />
Lowered by 1.5 by use of different springs<br />
Manual steering Original power steering removed. Rebuilt original box; correct pitman arm and link-rod installed. Tie rods on outer holes on steering arms.<br />
Original Power steering assembly in storage.<br />
Standard swing arms with Polyurethane bushes<br />
Gymkana springs 550lb<br />
1 1/8 Anti-roll bar with Polyurethane bushings<br />
Koni adjustable shock absorbers: Range = 1.9 turns, Setting = 1.1<br />
Camber = -2 degree<br />
Toe In = 0.5 degree<br />
Caster = ????<br />
<br />
Steering<br />
VB&P Steering rods<br />
Original steering box rebuilt to minimum tolerance<br />
Power assistance equipment removed and steering rods moved to outer holes on steering arms<br />
<br />
Suspension Rear<br />
Lowered by 1.5 by using longer spring hanger bolts, made with EN-19 steel<br />
Heavy duty offset trailing arms<br />
TRW 315lb composite spring<br />
5/8 anti-roll bar with polyurethane bushings<br />
Koni adjustable shock absorbers: Range = 1.9 turns, Setting = 1.0<br />
Camber = -1 degree<br />
Toe In = 0 degree<br />
<br />
Chassis<br />
Original automatic transmission chassis with removable centre cross-member<br />
Replacement tubular cross-member from Bowtie Overdrives allows exhausts to pass beneath instead of through. Modified to accept manual gearbox.<br />
Rear, differential cross-member modified to raise differential by to keep drive shaft angles correct<br />
Rear cross-member mounted using anti-flex plates over the bushings<br />
<br />
Wheels & Tires<br />
Standard Rally Steel Wheels 15 x 8 <br />
Tires 255/65/15 Cooper Cobra<br />
<br />
Interior<br />
Alpine amplifier connected to two; 6 x 9 speakers, all mounted on rear panel of luggage area. Amplifier input is 3mm stereo jack at centre console.<br />
Original leather seats and dash<br />
Top dash pad recovered in black suede for anti-glare<br />
<br />

Date written: 21-Feb-2018

Price: £18000 As stated

More about this vehicle on carandclassic.co.uk

ID: 10933

Back