1932 Chevrolet Confederate Special 4 door Sedan For Sale

RSS_Auto_Poster

13391.jpg

The 1932 Series BA Chevrolet Confederate Deluxe Special 4 Door Sedan is a popular American Vintage Car in the United States and mine is thought to be one of only a handful here in the UK. I imported her from New Jersey 11 years ago, and we have enjoyed an amazing 11 years of weddings, touring at weekends and car shows use. She has also been in 3 films in the UK. Note: The Series BA Confederate was owned by many famous people including movie stars Al Jolson and Johnny Weissmuller (Tarzan). I ve relished a load of TLC on her, including regular maintenance. Advertised in 1932 as the "Baby Cadillac", General Motors offered a multitude of desirable options to "bling" the car up in a bid to increase sales during the great depression years, and they succeeded, out-selling Ford with 333,000 units in 14 different models. The top of the range Confederate Deluxe Special Sedan sports dual wing mounted spare wheels, chrome dual horns, chrome bonnet louvres, chrome dish hubcaps, eagle radiator cap and a trunk mounted on the rear rack.<br />
The coachwork is duck egg blue over cream over black, with highlighted body lines in white, and suits the car well. The roof cloth and underfelt were renewed in 2008. The roof is completely waterproof. She is a very pretty car and much admired wherever she goes. Women love her!<br />
According to the previous owner, the Chevy was restored in Canada in the 1990s. New 6-volt 110 ah Battery last year. Re-tempered springs both back and front, and restored shackles, new clutch plate and pressure plate/bearing, new water pump, new carburettor (modern build), spot lights, badges, headlights upgraded to halogen bulbs, and modern indicators. (none fitted 86 years ago!) Also, a traditional rear rack and trunk. Brakes serviced and new shoes all round.<br />
Replaced white-wall tyres and the wheels shot blasted and powder coated, (all 6 of them), new rear axle bearings and seals, religiously changed the engine oil to spec, and recently re-filled the gearboxes (yes there are 2) and differential with the recommended 160 SAE oil.<br />
The interior is restored in the original mohair cloth and looks really smart. The rear seat is more akin to a settee, with no seat belts. Passengers love the comfort!<br />
She is left-hand drive.<br />
The engine is fitted with an alternator, (recently checked), and the replaced distributor cap sports new high tension leads in red. Last winter I fitted a secondary electric fuel pump which tops up the carb when the car is not used regularly. <br />
In the 30 s the engine was nick-named the Stove Bolt 6 and also the Cast Iron Wonder . A straight six, 194 ci (3200 cc), and very economical, she gives about 25+ mpg and will run all day at 40-50 mph. Top speed was quoted at 65-70 mph in 32, but I have never exceeded 50mph.<br />
The brakes are exceptionally powerful, despite being mechanical, (not hydraulic). The 59,845 miles on the clock is believed to be genuine given the condition. <br />
She is a surprisingly easy car to maintain, and considering its rarity there is an excellent supply of spares available in the USA.<br />
Included with the sale are numerous 1932 maintenance books, and about 4 box files of historic literature, Maintenance Manuals, plus receipts from the day I brought her over to the UK from New Jersey (2007). Also included, some spares including a steering box and column, front brake drums and numerous miscellaneous spares. <br />
New MOT this Spring at 59,745 miles on the clock. <br />
Insurance is cheap, and of course Road Tax is free in the UK. Having said all that, she is not quite concours condition, but very smart all the same, and a head turner wherever she goes.<br />
Sensible Asking Price, 18K ono including a very desirable registration number - King William 1066 (KIW1066). <br />
If sold to be taken out of the UK, I reserve the right to retain the Registration number.<br />
She was insured for an agreed 20K in 2008 and the believed current valued is circa 25K.<br />
I would recommend Googling this model on the internet as there is a ton of info about the Chevy Confederate. Prices in the States range from $30K to $45K ( 22K- 33K) and one was even recently advertised for $120K!!<br />
She has ALWAYS been garaged (including in the USA), and presently resides in Uckfield, East Sussex, UK.<br />
<br />

Date written: 18-Sep-2018

Price: <td><strong>£18000 Or near offer

More about this vehicle on carandclassic.co.uk

ID: 13391

Back