Your first American car

What was your first ever American car?

My first was a 1993 Saturn SC2, which I bought in 2003 as a 21st birthday present to myself. It replaced an Alfa Romeo 164 as my daily driver. Here it is:
SC2.jpg

It had a a little 124bhp DOHC 1.9 litre 4-cylinder engine and a 5-speed manual gearbox. It had nearly every option fitted, including leather seats, and electric sunroof, and 4-wheel disc brakes with ABS. It handled and accelerated very well thanks to its light weight.

I then bought a 1992 Saturn SL2, which was the 4-door sedan version of the same car, and then a 1988 Pontiac Bonneville with a 3800 V6. Then I went back to European cars for a few years before I got my 1992 Bonneville four years ago.

Great idea for a new thread , see how many we get???

Mine a saleen mustang.. Thank's to are top show photographer for pic,
attachment.php

Last edited:
1989 Pontiac Firebird, I brought when I was 21, so that was 1996 (6 months after passing my driving test)
car10029.jpgcar10022.jpg

My first "driveable" yank was a 1991 Pontiac Grand Prix just like this one (but in a more petrol blue) .......

image.jpg

My first "actual" yank was one just like this (but in red).......

image.jpg

001.jpg My first cruella

My first car was this ....it was a rot box ...not bad for a 17 year old ...
The car was 17 or you were? Did this start your liking of Ford's? I think most of your cars since then have been Ford's havn't they? apart from the 3rd Gen Firebird.

Last edited:
Lol ...yes dan I was 17 ...paid £200 for it ( 3 months mot ) it was a rot box , 400ci ...99% of the cars I have had have been old fords ....

Some really interesting ones there guys! Lovely Firebird Dan, and it was only 7 years old back then!

Matt I remember seeing your Cadillac around in Cosham, and have even found a photo of it in the depths of my years-old file of car spots that I took in 2010...
Cadillac Coupe De Ville 86.jpg

Mustang IIs are rare now. Looking back through my archive I can only find one sighting of a Mustang II - also taken in 2010. Is this anyones?:
Ford Mustang 77.jpg

mine was a 1977 Cadillac sorry no picture not got any

This,

73 Mercury Marquis 429ci.
The first and so far only yank I've owned. Nothing like starting with something enormous!

Some really interesting ones there guys! Lovely Firebird Dan, and it was only 7 years old back then!

Matt I remember seeing your Cadillac around in Cosham, and have even found a photo of it in the depths of my years-old file of car spots that I took in 2010...
View attachment 55176

Mustang IIs are rare now. Looking back through my archive I can only find one sighting of a Mustang II - also taken in 2010. Is this anyones?:
View attachment 55177

thanks simon that pic is out side my mums house awesome I haven't many pics of her

No worries, you're welcome to save it. I can e-mail you the picture if you like but the original file isn't much bigger in size than it appears here so probably not a lot of point.

Come on fellow petrolheads we need more 1st time american car ownership pictures ...

No worries, you're welcome to save it. I can e-mail you the picture if you like but the original file isn't much bigger in size than it appears here so probably not a lot of point.

awesome thasnks simon

Back