What have you done to your vehicle today?

The last time I started the Firebird, it smoked like a Red Indian sending a message, so I ordered some fresh valve stem oil seals. The old ones are rock hard.
They arrived today from Rockauto. Good suggestion AT, thanks (y). And I got a fridge magnet!!
I didn't fancy pulling the heads off so I ordered an in-situ valve spring compressor. A bit fiddly but does the job. I'm holding the valves closed with compressed air. Two cylinders done, six to go...
IMG_20200821_164343_520.jpg

IMG_20200821_200710_356~2.jpg

IMG_20200821_200736_226.jpg

Nice work, glad to hear you got a magnet too.

more pics of valve tool in action would be good (y) (y), You got fridge magnet fek BARSTOOLS ROCKAUTO

It is adjustable, has hooks which locate into the sides of the valve spring and a locking handle on top. It's not much more difficult getting the valve collets out than with a conventional valve face compressor to be honest. It seems to work pretty well...
IMG_20200822_145633_378.jpg

IMG_20200822_145708_590.jpg

IMG_20200822_145853_473.jpg

Wow thanks for posting

got it wet again went to Upark did not stay long house shut and so was the tea room 😭

Cleaned the plugs on mustang today good job needed doing.
IMG_20200823_125146.jpg

LoL, only took pic of one side the others looked just as bad , all plugs easy to get to undo the coil packs then take plugs out very carefully

Started it up to move it out of the garage. A friend had an oil leak on his mini he wanted to clean up and the coolant was leaking. So we popped it over the pit and spent a few hours on it. Coolant leat was from the bottom of the expansion tank, the press fit 90 degree bend had a grubby o-ring that was causing a bad seal.

After that moved the TA back in the garage. Other than that not touch the TA since Beaulieu.

Done the door shuts with rattle can to save time when the 2k paint arrives,good to see a car of age with the waterproof membrane intact

Attachments

• 7F5AFA50-6C2E-4E44-9F88-F137F9F61FFE.jpeg
    7F5AFA50-6C2E-4E44-9F88-F137F9F61FFE.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 2
  • CB3476C6-E437-4FB8-AA0D-24354859F7FF.jpeg
    CB3476C6-E437-4FB8-AA0D-24354859F7FF.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 3
Drove it.
An almost 200mile round trip to PetrolHeadonism event in between Bedford and Rushden.

Pictures to follow in separate thread.

Gave the car a clean with water for the first time this year. It was a bit grubby from Beaulieu the other week. Popped it on the drive and cleaned the other two cars at the same time. Good to get out in the fresh air for an hour or so with a break away from circuit board design.

You cleaned 3 cars in an hour or two?!
A quick clean takes me 5-6 hours and a deep clean 12 hours!! 😲
Yep, a super quick clean to get rid of old watermarks and add some new. Lol. May give one a polish in Sunday, but looking at work load I think another weekend will blow buy, I will aim to get an hour or so away from the computer.

Ordered the lower airbox from the Hellcat and the AFE intake tube.
This allows the Scatpack to breathe through the headlight like the Hellcat & Demon. The airbox also has a greater volume.
This mod allows the intake air temperatures to drop faster after heatsoak and requires no tuning. It is drop-in. The lower IAT might give a 1HP bump, possibly, but the quicker reduction in IAT is the reason for doing it.
The airbox and tube arrived today so hopefully I will get it fitted over the weekend.

pictures a must remember,
breath through headlight ? like the maxpower boys? lol who get water in the intake opps

Don’t know about the max power boys, but on the Hellcat and Demon the drivers side inner headlight is only a halo ring and the centre is open to the lower airbox below the filter.
On lesser models the headlight is the same but fitted with a blanking plug. I’m simply replicating it.
If water ingestion was an issue with its design I’m sure we would have heard after 5 years of Hellcats on the market. And I don’t plan on fording rivers up to my headlights!

Last edited:
Back