Went GoKarting last night.

TransAmDan

Forum Admin
Staff member
Had a great time going GoKarting last night 2 x 15 mins races. About 10mins into the first race my hands were really aching, the steering was stiff although the front wheel grip was really good, where the second cars felt really light on the front, steering easy, but less front grip. The cars were soo different.

It was a good group of us too. Malc with the Mercury came along. It was Will's (Pontiac Grand Prix) sons birthday so a few of us go together.

This was at the Fareham/Gosport Teamsport track. Thinking of organising a car club gathering for this.

How many people would be interested in GoKarting?

We would love to but there is the distance issue that’s a problem :(

We would love to but there is the distance issue that’s a problem :(
I would't expect people to travel far for it. We have many local club members, I think it will be hard to get a gathering of 12 people, but I'll give it a shot.

I would't expect people to travel far for it. We have many local club members, I think it will be hard to get a gathering of 12 people, but I'll give it a shot.

Karting is great fun - starting off with the indoor karts and then progressing.

Dean just came back from Teesside, where last weekend he was in a team in the British 24hr Kart Race. You normally have teams of 4 or 5 drivers, the track is 2.1km in length and you are driving for about 2hours at a time - or until the fuel runs out! Teesside Karting run this event every year, also a 24hr in LeMans!

2011_0424clayepec0010.jpg

Wow that is impressive. I'd think I'd be half dead after 2 hours of driving, 30 mins with a 15 mins break in the middle was quite challenging.
Did Dean enjoy it? that's some serious racing.

Had a great time going GoKarting last night 2 x 15 mins races. About 10mins into the first race my hands were really aching, the steering was stiff although the front wheel grip was really good, where the second cars felt really light on the front, steering easy, but less front grip. The cars were soo different.

It was a good group of us too. Malc with the Mercury came along. It was Will's (Pontiac Grand Prix) sons birthday so a few of us go together.

This was at the Fareham/Gosport Teamsport track. Thinking of organising a car club gathering for this.

How many people would be interested in GoKarting?
Indeed! Karting is always a blast. Count me in Dan!

Sure will. I do really enjoy it, and all the aches for the next week, all part of the fun.

Back