Website migration to Xenforo

Not sure if more members are having issues getting on here.
I have been playing more with the new one. Perhaps do the real migration on Tuesday evening? .

I'm back!

Same as Dave, I had to clear all cookies and sign on/log in again on all forums.

Good to see you back.

It takes a number of hours to copy the database(prefer to let the migration work from a copy than the original)
Uploading of the website files can be done in that time too. I have notes on how I created the test site.
There will be about 4 hours of migration in 2 steps.

So starting it Tuesday evening, it should be running by early hours of Wednesday.

I also want to keep a copy of the current site accessable, maybe to copy a few images, look up stuff in the calender to create entries in the new one.

Hopefully soon. I keep having to clear cookies just to get on the site.
Was thinking Tuesday evening.
That's odd about clearing cookies, does that happen after visiting the new site, or have you not revisited?

Perhaps tonight may be better for the migration.

Migration is done, this is my first post on the new xenforo forum. Hope everyone likes it. It may look basic, we can add some customisation. Atleast we can bulk add photos, and hopefully its far more stable than it was.

Copying all the thousands of photos from the photo gallery. At the current rate, possibly 2 hours until complete. At least the forum is usable while that is going on in the background.

Looking good so far - will take some getting used to ;)

Can you not see who’s online anymore or each individual post count?

Its on the right hand side, or will be....
The user group permissions needs adjusting. I'm having to approve your posts at the moment. That shouldn't take long to adjust.

who_online.jpg

On the mobile the members online is further down the page. What about post count :)

Oooh post didn’t need approving ?

On the mobile the members online is further down the page. What about post count :)
Post count is under Members from the menu.
We will find many things in odd places, if we havnt got it, I can try to find a way to add it.

All seems to be going well. Visitors that havnt been on here for a while. Its a little different to before, we will all be learning where bits are. I'm getting used to it.
Been adding some Trophy targets for amounts of posts, photos etc...

What's all that forign stuff at the bottom of the 'Whats new' page?

Well done with this. it seems to be much more user friendly forum than the last website, although I haven't looked at it properly yet in any detail. I suspect you'll still get the same questions from people whe can't be bothered to read the whole thread, like Where are we meeting? What time are we meeting? Are we still meeting after Brexit?, but as Douglas Adams said "Never underestimate the inventiveness of complete fools"

Back