Creating a Renegades App

TransAmDan

Forum Admin
Staff member
This could be a long journey to create an app, but it could be beneficial for the club.

You ask people these days "why do you not use the forum", the answer is that its not as easy to use as facebook.

Soo many people are glued to facebook these days, scrolling through thousands of recent posts, there is a lot of rubbish to wade through, and people seem to enjoy it. Sometimes people post events on there, and you think you will go back and ready about that later, quite often its gone and never to be found again. I cant stand facebook, and speaking to a few people today, they don't do facebook either. However the majority of people do.

So if we can write an app, where it can remind you of a renegades events and meeting places to cruise. View the forum and calendar. Perhaps add photos of a show direct from your phone. Could be very useful.

Could take a bit of research, just downloading updates for Visual Studio programming application to include development for phone apps.

Yeah will do.

The starting app will be just viewing posts. The calendar events will have some sort of tick box so you can be notified of upcoming events.

I'll think up a plan, and find out what is possible in an app. i may have to make some special data fetchers on the website which present data in XML and then the app used that to render a page. I guess its going to be a case of finding the best way to do things. I think the main thing it to write down what we want it to do.

Facebook sends notifications of events, so I think that is a good one to include.

Back