Website getting popular at the moment

TransAmDan

Forum Admin
Staff member
Just been watching the website stats this evening, we have has a nice steady increase of visitors, probably leading up to Wheels day and a few other shows.
Even as I type this there are 12 people viewing the website (this is 12 unique real people that has viewed a page in the last so many mins. the most popular page being Wheels Day 2014, and the photo gallery. We have had 40 pages being loaded per minute for the last half hour, and peaked at 70 pages per minute. Website server is hardly registering any additional load, so we can take a lot more.
Just wanted to share the great news, we have had new members join up. People viewing the Southsea Cruise page (could that be due to posting some leaflets today)
These stats get me happy, I can sleep with a smile tonight. :)

You should publish the stats. If you can get the history, do it monthly from Jan, and keep it going. Be interesting to see how the visits and registered users and posts change through the year against seasons and events.

That's good news :usa2::cheer2:

The stats over the last year, the one shown below is weekly stats of visitors to the website.
pagevisits-week-mar2013-apr2014.jpg

The stats below are for Pageviews, so if each visitor viewed more than one page, this is counted. The spike at the beginning of the graph is one of the first shows of the year, you can see towards the end of the graph April 2014 its ramping up to be higher than our best last year, already.

pageviews-week-mar2013-apr2014.jpg

New registrations, there has been a few extra coming in recently, the graph below shows from the beginning of the year till 13th April.
new-registrations.jpg

It would be nice to add more content to the website to make it interesting reading for visitor, or perhaps something else on the website to increase visitors. If visitors like the site, there is a change they sign up. I wonder what we can do to improve the website... although the stats at the moment I'm very happy with. :)

I've added in a Stats button on the menu bar, 'Forum Analytics' This give a bit more info, on weather it was forum pages visitors, and how many people signed up, etc...

Last edited:
Website has just served 92 pages in 60 seconds. ding around 50 pages every 60 seconds at the moment. Looking at the processor usage its around 8%. This new webserver is whizzy. Also great to see soo much traffic come though the site. It will all die off in a few days, so I'm enjoying it while I can.

17-04-2014-traffic.jpg

Got 123page views in 60 seconds, server load still looking great.:)
17-04-2014-traffic-123.jpg

Can you update the stats again?
Curious to see if the traffic drops off now the season openers are over or if the trend continues to rise.

It's certainly dropped. Usually about 700 or 800 visitors a day, a couple I'd days back we had 2000, probably many people viewing photos or getting more info on things like southsea cruise or things coming up . The trend us lower than April.

Would be nice it it carried on rising. More posts brings more visitors, so its not going too bad.

I'm not sure if it counts bots or not. If I visit the website more than one a day it doesn't recount me, so it has some intelligence, but how much i do not know... I will post more stats soon. It saying around 400 visits per days, and 2000 page views per day at the moment, it seems pretty even over the last 30 days.

Last edited:
Back