Surprise!!

an88fiero

Super Moderator
Sorry been a bit quiet on here recently. As Dave has mentioned we have been extremely busy and haven't had time for much!

One main reason for this is I have been looking for a new car!!!! Yes you read right a new car to replace the Fiero :)

The Fiero will be hitting the for sale section shortly, if an interested party hasn't already bought it!

So, my new car ..............

I wanted something different and custom with the ability to haul a trailer tent and potentially the ability to sleep the odd night without the trailer tent. So a van was the only option. Having had two high top astros in the past I have gone for a low top which you will see from the pictures has been customised and has had the middle and back seats removed and a custom built rock n roll bed made. Meeting all my requirements. Drove the 200 miles back from Norfolk (!) today with no problems.

Have got some work to do, tidying up unwanted customisations, like an electric cut out on the exhaust and a set of "Dixie air horns" and a huge base speaker that is just not my style.

It is also going to have to visit our paint guy to get a few paint issues resolved but frankly got a storming deal!

So here she is ............

IMG_0011.JPG

IMG_0010.jpg

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

And talk about the Challenger being loud, if you open the cut out it will make your ears bleed!
That's one mod that's gotta go.

welcome to the chevy owners club lol,

Thank you.

Just started putting a list together - oops - quite long already so should be able to keep the thread going for a while :)

whippy ariels and cb are we keeping them?
350 small block ?
are the captian chairs swival type?

Yeah gonna leave the aerials otherwise it'll leave holes ;) I'll leave the CB for now - not that anyone uses them these days!

Got the 4.3 v6 in her!

No the chairs aren't the swivel type - I don't think the low top had them and obviously in this case the middle seats have been removed completely :)

Wow that is a surprise :). Looks great. Good choice and it fits all your requirements.
You certainly kept that one quiet.

I did keep the change quiet because I just wasn't sure what I wanted to go for and whether I was quite ready to move on!

I have always wanted a pick-up and when one came up - a Dodge Dakota - it just didn't hit that button! That was a long drive to Essex!!

I think the idea of owning a pick-up was just an idea that just isn't going to happen!

I have always liked the Astros/Safaris and have always dismissed the low tops because to me they were just a 'minibus' because of the bench seats - but when this one popped up - it sparked an interest because of the interior not being standard and obviously the paint job!

As mentioned - lots to do on her and I'll keep the thread up to date with the updates :)

Yes, a blog would be a great way to document it. Let me know if you get stuck creating a blog.

I did one for the 10th anniversary Trans Am. Great way to keep people involved, get suggestions and comments and even solve problems.

Ok will do one just as soon as the works start :)

So differance between a thread and a blog ?

Cb radios people still use them alot around here and lorry drivers still do. And amengecy services

V6 economy? Or a heavy motor easy to service ?

So differance between a thread and a blog ?

Dan might be able to answer this ;)

Cb radios people still use them alot around here and lorry drivers still do. And amengecy services

V6 economy? Or a heavy motor easy to service ?

About 25 mpg depending how heavy footed you are.

Not so easy to service as the engine is half inside the van and is accessed under the dog house :)

you in the dog house got to have picture of that you know the rules lol,,,,

Dad has just sold his . spark plugs on em are a b**ch to do with some being accessed throu hole in inner wing on drivers side . lovely vans dad fancied a change

don't throw the open pipes mod away someone may have use for em :usa2:

Yeah, we've had two vans before. Spark plugs are a Bitch of a job.
The electric cut out will removed and offered for sale here on SR first.

Also the Air-horns, someone is likely to want them.

don't throw the open pipes mod away someone may have use for em :usa2:

Now removed and for sale ....... in the "for sale" section ;)