Southsea Cruise 15th July/Olympic Torch

Keveen

The next Southsea Cruise on 15th July is the same day the Olympic Torch is coming over on the Gosport Ferry arriving at Portsmouth Dockyard for around 6.00pm making its way through Queens St. to Guildhall back round to Hampshire Terrace, Duisburg Way and onto the common for around 6.50 pm.... It would definitely be a good day to do the cruise as there will be many people around as it is also Southsea food festival weekend.....BUT with certain road closures that evening .... car parking .... or if the ''torch'' is delayed .....

Something to bear in mind ..........

Last edited:
We'll have to find out what roads are closed as no doubt that will affect the cruise's route if it can go ahead that evening.

Hmm good point Sal Well done. It will definitily have to be addressed at the next meet as it could be a right cock up otherwise. Maybe we either need to change to another day (not sure this is a good idea) or change the route. Lets see what the go is on Tuesday.

it wud be so hard to change the date as other people who arent renegades know what nite of month it is x

Cheers Bob. I don't think we will be going to this one anyway as we are going to be watching the torch go along the end of Mum's road with my Grandparents and i think that will be about 5ish.

Oops i just re-read that and its not my Grandparents running with the torch. Jeez they can hardly walk let alone run!!!

What's happening? Hopefully I'll be back on 4 wheels then.

Can I try and blow the torch out with my exhausts ;)

as i text to matt i have some details of road closers none parking basicly from 5pm till 2030hrs no cars along the seafront to avenue de caen osbourne road piar road duisburg way clarence parade all terraces
landport southsea hampshire jubilee bellevue edinburgh road queen street hard guild hall walk and square
commercial road kingstone crescent this so any one on foot may exit the common safely as i under stand it this will be barred off that is to be confirmed as soon as i know more will let you know

I will post on thr main page, basically keeping the same day. If its nice weather we meet up the hill for 6pm and decide what to do from there. Perhaps a cruise to Hayling or somewhere else...

Weather looking a bit crap tomorrow morning, but clearing up in the afternoon.

Looks like I'll be in the Volvo again!! If I am still alive...lol

:yes::thumb:as we could not cruise last sunday due to torch relay why not do it this weekend. if any one want to do a cruise im in so watch this space

I think you'll find that a lot are going to the V8 mentalist show on Sunday but if you want to organise something go for it. Unfortunately i can't go this Sunday but hope the sun shines for you :)

So enough going or not? Need to know so I can plan ;)

Back