Southern Motor Show 2013

• Thread starter TheSouthern Motor Show
  • Start date
Looks like a good day was had by all,
Thanks for posting pictures , 1 for next year i think,

Not a bad show , few hiccups from the start tho ! did anyone see judging taking place or vehicle inspections ? filled in the online form and handed it in ....took it in turns to sit by our car as some pik.y knobhead thought it a good idea to jump in for a photo !! never saw any points for prizes going on. A bit one sided towards modified boy racers we thought. might give it a miss next year and do the stubbington green car show that was on the same day.

just our own opinions !!

I did see a few people hopping into cars for photos, it is a bit out of order not asking permission. I told a few people to keep their doors locked.
There was a lot of modified and not so modified, like totally standard vauxhall corsa's. Hopefully more muscle cars/trucks will go next year, a good turn out from the victory wheelers.
If there was another car show on the same day, I could be swung.
I do see the show getting bigger, but with probably more vehicles that we would see in a supermarket car park.

It wasn't a bad day out, sun was shining, got lots of photos.

i'd like to thank all the renegades who turned out yesterday . we had a great turn out . ok there was a few issues with organisers dogs no dogs what ever not gonna get drawn into its gone now . it was theyre first one which saw 10000+ people through the gate . yes there was a couple of issue for which karl has text me and asked to pass on his apologies . I can only see this show getting bigger and better .

but like I say from my point of view as a unless planner thanks to all those that came was good day , I had been asking in plenty of times who was comin so we had numbers hense why our plot was two small as I had to guess at 30

but for me is definatly one i'll do next year

Copied from the Facebook message I received yesterday afternoon.

"TheSouthern Motor Show

Hi sarah must apologise for the dog situation it got to the point it was unenforceable and a big lesson learned and dogs will be allowed at further shows...

Doesn't help you for yesterday and im sorry it caused you distress sgain sorry"

Fancy was rather offended with me when I got home...wasn't sure how to tell her that one :C

It actually gave mum a break from the dogs for the day and as it turned out a rather hot day they were better of in the cool at home then stuck in a no shaded area causing havoc. However how you can say 'no dogs' then see loads turn up is the usual story of organisers not taking control. In future i would just take your four legged friends if you want to as it doesn't seem to be a rule they enforce.

On the other hand i had a fab day and loved seeing cars i hadn't seen before. Not into kiddie cruisers personally but hey they like what they like and we like what we like. As it was the first time we attended we were not sure what to expect car wise but a fantastic turnout by all.

Lets wait and see what next year brings :)

Back