Snow

Saturday night/Sunday morning here

They were originally saying the East, London and the South East, but have just updated that to include areas more to the west.
(That's according to the Met Office email alerts I receive).

Sky news headline:
“The emergency services are called ahead of a weekend when the whole of Britain could see some snow amid freezing temperatures.”

Note - WHOLE of Britain, and then you read the article and look at the satellite maps and realise that actually only a small percentage is due to get snow!

Sensationalised and fake news! Or perhaps Nostradamus has been reincarnated as a Skynews reporter.

Lol. Some of the media love it don't they!!
Actually, there are a couples of "weather forecasters" notorious for dreaming up such BS...and some of the gutter media report it!! I think one of them is a guy called James Madden.
Likewise, on hearing such reports I always look straight on the Met Office for the truth.

Sky news headline:
“The emergency services are called ahead of a weekend when the whole of Britain could see some snow amid freezing temperatures.”

Note - WHOLE of Britain, and then you read the article and look at the satellite maps and realise that actually only a small percentage is due to get snow!

Sensationalised and fake news! Or perhaps Nostradamus has been reincarnated as a Skynews reporter.
Media are a**holes, I go out of my way to avaoid the news, they always bend the truth to make you tihnk something is worse that it is.
Flicking through the channels this morning, BBC new poped up saign Ofcom are raising the fuel cap on gas and electric and it will effect millions. Really they mean "only people that dont have fixed rate it may effect you if your supplier wishes to raise the price".

Media are a**holes, I go out of my way to avaoid the news, they always bend the truth to make you tihnk something is worse that it is.

And that is why I’m so disbelieving of so many things from Covid to the environment. Where does the sensationalised BS stop and the facts start?
I do my own research and draw my own conclusions.

No snow here yet just started to rain. Want lots of snow

No snow here yet just started to rain. Want lots of snow
All because you want see this......

shaunsledge.jpg

Oooh yellow snow. When I went skiing on a school trip I was told to never eat the yellow snow.

Went to put the dogs our this morning and wondered how they would cope with the 12 inches of snow the media made out we would get overnight. I was most disappointed that there is sod all. The dogs want to complain about the media's promises.

same here no snow sun trying to break through the clouds could be a nice day?

Looking again at the forecast, I don't think we'll see any. It looks to be to the east of where me and Dan are, so I'll be surprised if you folks in Swindon and Wales will get any. But who can say for sure 🤔🙂

Do the Met Office get involved in that? 🙂

The met office don’t have belief in their own forecast. Ever since Michael Fish got it so wrong in 1989 they cover their arses and then the media blow it up.

Today:
“yellow alert for snow.”
“It’s a small chance but the threat is there.”
Source: Sky News.
What a contrived and inaccurate piece of reporting.

The met office don’t have belief in their own forecast. Ever since Michael Fish got it so wrong in 1989 they cover their arses and then the media blow it up.

Today:
“yellow alert for snow.”
“It’s a small chance but the threat is there.”
Source: Sky News.
What a contrived and inaccurate piece of reporting.
That was 1987, but yeah, I remember it well! lol. Poor old Michael. Meotrology isn't an exact science unfortunately and the media don't help for sure.
As a mariner and astronomer, I watch the weather quote closely and have found the Met to be as good as any in the UK. They forecast - the media add the BS lol 😁

Back