Snow

TransAmDan

Forum Admin
Staff member
Just started to try to snow here, more like wet sleet, ground too wet for it to lay.
How's it at your end of the country Darren? With the sheeps feet in the ground they would be hidden.

We woke up to a slight covering this morning. Saw a couple of cars yesterday with 2-3 inches - not sure where they had come from. Understand Gloucester has quite a bit so glad we aren't working :)

Had a bit of snow over weekend all gone nearly now

Not much snow here at the moment

Nothing but wind and rain here this morning - but not too bad now

No, none here either...(although, I am only about 3 miles from Dan 😆).
I think some has been forecast for the south though?

Think it’s due here Sunday :(. We’ll see!

Colleges in America can't even get their trucks, they have many feet of snow. Sounds nice, but they all sound fed up with it.

Need to check ours ? :)

Thanks for the heads up. Our dalies and the GP are OK. The Firebird and Mini don't have any in but are in the garage. Although, a long and very cold spell could even be an issue for them, so I will keep an eye on that.

Unless the garage is heated the temp inside will drop to the same as outside.
A common mistake is too think, yeah but what about the lack of windchill? Well temperature is an absolute for non-living things. What the temperature is, is the temperature your car sees.

It's a fair point. What was in my mind was that on very cold mornings when there is ice on the cars outside, I've never seen any on those in the garage. But then, I guess that may be because there is moisture to freeze on the cars outside but not in the garage, thereby masking how cold it is in there. It's not worth risking a cracked block. As we have a cold snap coming I'll get some anti freeze in them pronto.

I came home through a lot of snow 😳 Was about 2 inches at the side of the road and the fields were white (what I could see of them in the dark anyway). To be honest it is quite a high area Closer I got to Swindon it had disappeared - phew.

I came home through a lot of snow 😳 Was about 2 inches at the side of the road and the fields were white (what I could see of them in the dark anyway). To be honest it is quite a high area Closer I got to Swindon it had disappeared - phew.
Sounds soo nice, it would be nice to see a bit of snow again. Its been too long.

Back