Setting up the Renegades email account.

TransAmDan

Forum Admin
Staff member
You could have you very own email address ending in @solent-renegades.co.uk

So if you want an email account like fred@solent-renegades.co.ukthen please let me know by sending me an email of your choice of name, plus a password you want to log in with to dan@solent-renegades.co.uk, and I will get this setup for you. You can pick up your emails though Webmail, much like hotmail all online, or it can be set up to be picked up via Outlook or another email client on your PC / tablet or phone. It's no bother at all to set you up with an email account.

Once I have set up the account for you, you can use the following info to set it up.

Checking emails in a Web Browser
To get emails though a web browser, go to webmail.solent-renegades.co.uk it will ask you for the username and password. Username is your email address, fred@solent-renegades.co.uk for example, the password is what you requested.

To set up emails on a phone or outlook
Connect via POP or POP3, email address is the same as your username.
POP server: mail.solent-renegades.co.uk
Security Type = None.
Server port 110

Outgoing Server Settings
Login Required needs to be ticked
Same username as password
SMTP server: mail.solent-renegades.co.uk
security Type = None
Server Port - 25

Of course if you get stuck setting up, I'm only an email away. :p

Who is this hosted with Dan?
The first time I checked it through it came back as cloudmark.com but later when I tested again it came back as simply transit ltd.
I also got mixed results on their SMTP relaying with it first being disabled and then enabled (risk).

Incoming email comes via Cloudmark for anti spam measures.
The webserver is a dedicated server that I have total control off, however its sits in a server farm which I purchase via eUKHost. Emails seems to come in a go okay, but I may have missed something while setting up, like an open security hole.
Thanks for checking. Its odd its not consistent.

Fair enough, always good to be cautious.
Just setting it up now. :)

Oh go one then - I'll have one :)

Can I have an88fiero@......... Please?

Ta muchly :)

setup and working for me!
Does it support IMAP or just POP and if it does support IMAP whats the size limit of the mailbox?

Last edited:
Glad it's all working :typing:
Yes IMAP is available, you can use the same login credentials and its on the standard port of 143. The Mailbox size is 250Mb and individually changeable, so if you do require more I can sort something out.

Updated the Webmail part of the email service.

Most users that have an email account won't see anything different, as picking up emails on a phone/tablet or PC is identical. However if you use webmail. Which is Roundcube Webmail :: Welcome to Roundcube Webmai the look of it is now different. It was something called Horde, but RoundCube offer a better visually pleasing version, and also displays HTML pages better.

Email addresses are still available if anyone wanted one :)

Back