Self Charging Hybrid

TransAmDan

Forum Admin
Staff member
Just seen an advert for one on TV, making out its something new and fantastic. They make you believe you don't need to plug it in, as it charges itself.
No mention that you have to put fuel in it.
I find adverts very misleading and devious.

Yeah, the economy with the truth in some advertising annoys me too. What make of car was the ad for?

Yeah, the economy with the truth in some advertising annoys me too. What make of car was the ad for?
Not sure, I'll keep a look out for it again. It was an SUV type vehicle, but that dosn't narrow it down as everyone seems to be doing them these days.

It just came on. Lexus UX

After watching it again they do mention Petrol once, but do focus on it self charging.

I wonder does the Petrol engine directly turn the wheels, or does it purly charge a battery and its the electric system only that turns the wheels?

A friend of mine has a Lexus SUV hybrid, probably 2 years old with a 3 litre v8 engine. It's all wheel drive powered by petrol and electric to the wheels. When doing slow manovures the engine does not run so pure electric. However, on the motorway it's sort of dual fuel. He can get a graphic up on the screen which shows whats powering what. I've only been in it a few times but his petrol consumption is really poor, around 20 to the gallon! Can't see the benifit of being hybrid with figures like that.

Forgot to say, it has a charging point but he has never used it so it is self charging.

Just goes to show doesn’t it?
When a 6.4 V8 gets mid 20’s really easily but a hybrid can’t....
I suppose the green argument would be you can use electric in city centers but if your driving in city centre why have something that big?
I never drive into London and I’m there often. I appreciate that some people have no alternative but many do.

A friend of mine has a Lexus SUV hybrid, probably 2 years old with a 3 litre v8 engine. It's all wheel drive powered by petrol and electric to the wheels. When doing slow manovures the engine does not run so pure electric. However, on the motorway it's sort of dual fuel. He can get a graphic up on the screen which shows whats powering what. I've only been in it a few times but his petrol consumption is really poor, around 20 to the gallon! Can't see the benifit of being hybrid with figures like that.

Forgot to say, it has a charging point but he has never used it so it is self charging.
Just goes to show doesn’t it?
When a 6.4 V8 gets mid 20’s really easily but a hybrid can’t....
I suppose the green argument would be you can use electric in city centers but if your driving in city centre why have something that big?
I never drive into London and I’m there often. I appreciate that some people have no alternative but many do.

i thinking the green argument should be scrap the thing and get a American V8

Back