Route 66 Show, Bournemouth

We are thinking of coming to this now, do we need to pre-register?

Ditto. Since the Petwroth Fete people are completely ignoring me (or, so it seems) :p

EDIT: Looks like they might want pre-registration Take Part

EDIT #2: Sent in my interest with their "Take Part" form. Let's see what happens, eh?

Last edited:
Yep fingers crossed.
I can see why places do pre-entry. But it seems inconsistent the ones that reply back. People have entered for Thorney Island, some heard back in a few hours, so havn't at all, same for Worthing. It would be nice to get an email back even to say 'your not-in' instead of leaving people hanging, or perhaps the email is getting lost somewhere in neverland
I too entered Route 66, I got a confirmation receipt of my email but no acceptance to the show yet, that was on the 11th June I sent that. Hope you have more luck than me. If I hear nothing I'm going to to the Crotch Coolers meet instead(they meet in Fareham and drive to Departure lounge in Alton)

Hope you have more luck than me. If I hear nothing I'm going to to the Crotch Coolers meet instead(they meet in Fareham and drive to Departure lounge in Alton)

The reason for us going to this show was SR Attendance, but the fact that they are not acknowledging applications and you can't stay with your car means we are more likely to do Can Am show instead.

The reason for us going to this show was SR Attendance, but the fact that they are not acknowledging applications and you can't stay with your car means we are more likely to do Can Am show instead.

Thanks Dave, I really don't know how many Renegades have got entry confirmation. I have popped it on the Facebook group(as Sarah hasn't surfaced yet) to see who is going, and arrange a meeting place. It looks like I will be doing something alternative that day though.
Looking forward to seeing the new TA, will you be taking it out to play, or the Fiero?

Not sure, I have a couple of jobs that need doing before I use it on a long run. Dawlish is a bloody long run in a 36 year old car that has not yet proven itself!! But fortune favours the brave!
Will see whether the spares I need arrive this week and whether I have time to do it.
My parents also wanted a day out so might bring both cars.

Ditto. If I don't hear anything, I might head off to CanAm... Unless someone can convince me there is another show that will be OK with the green beasty.

Last edited:
D'OH!!! Found my acceptance eMail in my junk folder. D'OH! Missed it. I was accepted, but thats what I get for not checking my junk folder. Dang! French! German! Lots more French and plenty of Japanese! GRR!

Eh well. NEXT YEAR! :)

from the chatter its not what it is cracked up to be anyway so you may have dodged a waist of petrol to get down there ......

Phew, this was a possibility for us too, but on old school V8 it would have cost us double the Vette!
Although spending two days building a 25 square meter deck has been no picnic, we are both exhausted.

Yep, you didn't miss anything from what I've been reading......"Route 66" doesn't shout to me BMWs and jap crap, but apparently it did to the organisers.

Bet you are glad you saved on the couple of tanks of gas getting there and back.

Perhaps things will change after the first year. I guess they have to start somewhere.

Yep, you didn't miss anything from what I've been reading......"Route 66" doesn't shout to me BMWs and jap crap, but apparently it did to the organisers.

No wonder I was accepted. Although someone thought my car was a Dodge Viper once (and luckily for the human race, only once)

But, in total fairness, a show's first year is their toughest. But no way in heck was I expecting Rivers and Beemers. Eh well, I haven't been feeling well this weekend anyway. I'm glad I didn't trot down to the show to be disappointed by Japanese imports at an American-theme-suggesting show. Eh well, eh well.

Back