Renegades end of Season Show October 20th 2019

Added to Calendar: 20-10-19

TransAmDan

Forum Admin
Staff member
EndofSeasonShow2019-2048px.jpg

Fi9ngers crossed for good weather. We had a brilliant turn out earlier on in the year. We have the ice cream caravan, trophies, raffle, DJ music, club clothing, hog roast. All money raised is for the Mad Hatters charity which we raised a whopping £450 for at the show in April.

Attachments

• IMG_20190725_095102.jpg
    IMG_20190725_095102.jpg
    378 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Hey dan . You seem to have a 2 door mondeo on the flyers????? Lol

They are all made in the USA although for the UK market, what makes a car American? My '89 Firebird was made in Germany, so never even been to the States(as far as I know).
If you ask a random member of the public to name an American car, they will likely say Mustang or Caddilac. So even the RHD ones are still an iconic American car to them.

I've just realised from the Road Closure signs that have just appeared on the seafront that the season closure is on the same day as the Great South Run this year. Should be OK for the cruise in the evening but the traffic in the morning, especially on the Eastern Road is likely to be much heavier than usual.

What does that mean for us with the way we plan to approach?

M4 -> A34 -> M3 -> M27

You should be fine until you get to the last bit. If you are coming off the M27 at Farlington the traffic will probably be heavier going into the city down the Eastern Road until you get Burrfields Road where The Farmhouse is. I would just leave a bit of extra time.

I have collected the 4 trophies ready for the show.

What’s the categories?

Best Bike
Best American
Best Classic
Best in Show

The weather app on my phone is showing wet for Saturday with a risk of thunder, but dry on Sunday at the moment. Fingers crossed!

They cant even predict 1 hour ahead, i wouldn't believe them just yet.

What are you saying Dan? That our weather forecasters are useless who can’t predict the lottery numbers AFTER the draw?
Surely not?? ;)

Just checked various sources now and I can't find a forecast saying it won't be dry on Sunday, so looking promising (y)
Being into astronomy and owning an old boat, I find myself studying the weather quite a bit and although forecasters seem to be struggling the moment, I find they are generally pretty good. But the Farmhouse is a big pub should it shower lol ;)

Back