Rear main oil seal 2.8CRD Jeep

Nice write up been a good thread thanks for posting.

Another update, just passed the 2000 mile mark, all levels ok, water took a while to burp but has now settled, after the saga of the Injectors I had or still have a noise best way to describe it is like severe pinking as you would get from a petrol, (yes I know Diesels dont pink, its called detonating but tell most people your engine is detonating and they either look at you sideways or think the engine blew up) well this is still apparent when cold but drops off when hot, (had to change the thermostat housing to achieve correct running temp) whilst I was there I slipped a plate in between the exhaust and EGR, its slowly clearing the muck out of the exhaust and running and pulling a lot better, I will go back to the people that re conned the Injectors to see if there could be a problem in the fuel system, I have had it mentioned the CR may be at too high a pressure? I have had a problem with a few other bits so will start another thread.

if you got a good obd2 scanner tool you can live data it and check fuel pressure against spec you could do a leak of test as well

That sir is a very good idea I have a VAGII made by icarsoft which has proven to be a very good buy, I will connect up search for what the settings should be and give it a go

Bit more in the life of the Jeep, My nipper replaced the A bar from the center of the diff (Ball Joint) to the outer chassis, found a complete A bar on fleabay for £68 at that price it was not worth buying the bushes and ball joint, and faffing around fitting, bit sceptical at what I was buying but on receipt it is good quality, whilst he was under there he noticed a hole in the N/S/R outer sill, so that was put off till this morning he welded on an 18inch by 3inch piece, he is a welder and looks very pretty LOL, looking for rear springs now, any ideas to a good reasonably priced supply? the three top coils are sat on each other, when jacked up we could of pulled them out, not good!! About a month ago we did the rear half shaft seals, I was intrigued to find how the shafts are actually held in, tiny 8mm stud bolt holding the planet gear retaining pin, that removes to release two horse shoe plates spooky!!

Your diff sounds similar to what I have on mine, small bolts holding in C-clips(horse shoe) that retain the shafts in place. There isn't stress on the retainer bolts so no need to be large.
I have some old springs from my TransAm that are no use to me, if they are useful to anyone im giving them away.

pictues of welding go on your know you really want to lol, yes the c clip is prity normal for alot of diffs

Hmm had a request for pictures of the welding, whatever floats peoples boats LOL the hanger on the exhaust was also welded back on as it had rusted through, and you can just make out the new A frame
70679942_2913112525369492_3440118991341748224_n.jpg
70797831_387024841977117_2861928372240384000_n.jpg

(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y):cool::cool:

Back