Pop Quiz Hot Shot!

Darren

Core Member
Who was this said about (the names have been replaced with @@@@@)

1. ?There was this other group warming up ? and they were terrible. I said, ?Shut them c**ts up!? And they were still warming up, so I threw a bottle at them ? I just thought they were a load of retarded Irish folk singers.?
- Mark E Smith (no idea who he is?)

2. ?They?re really talentless people, and they write crap music, and they?re the most popular rock band on the earth right now. I can?t believe it.?
- Kurt Cobain

3. ?@@@@@ writes wonderful song titles, but sadly he often forgets to write the song.?
- Elvis Costello

4. ?Anyone who lip-synchs in public on stage when you pay ?75 to see them should be shot.?
- Elton John

5. ?All that money, and he?s still got hair like a f**king dinner lady.?
- Boy George

Answers on a post card to... actually just put them here ;)

Was it u2???

ok second time lucky? thin lizzy // gary moore

Boy George was going on about Elton Johns mullet lol
and Elton John was talking about Madonna

as for the rest no idea !

1. Pogues?

Mark E Smith - Front man with 'The Fall', wierd band.

No the Pogues. Here are a couple of clues

1 is about a newish band who, from what wikipedia tells me, are not actually irish.

2 is about one of the biggest bands in the world at the time & there is a car based game named after one of their songs

3 is about a marmite type singer, who if you hate him, his fans just say you're too stupid to understand him, but the fact is he's just a whiney man that uses the occasional "long word", there's nothing particularly clever about his lyrics.

2. I know has gotta be guns n roses, coz he was always talking shiz bout them.

1. I'm gonna take a stab in the dark, but was it mumford and sons?? Remember hearing this on a late night rock show..

Back