Pontiac are no more.

TransAmDan

Forum Admin
Staff member
_49728582_010537070-1.jpg
Pontiac - one of the US car industry's most iconic brands - has finally gone out of business.
It happened a year after its parent company General Motors announced its shutdown in a major restructuring.
Set-up in 1926, Pontiac came to embody the image of the American muscle-car, with hugely popular models like the Bonneville, GTO and Firebird TransAm.
The cars featured in Hollywood movies in the 1960s-70s. But sales had been in decline since the 1980s.
Finally, GM's catastrophic financial problems spelt the brand's demise.

Full article on BBC website.... http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-11663244

I happened to be checking the price of my car on eBay from the States. The same year car was selling for the same price i paid for it 8 years ago. So value seems to be holding. Now with Pontiac not making anymore cars, I wonder what will happen to the prices. Mind you, mine is no longer a fince specimen, loats of little bits about it need sorting.

Yeah I know what you mean. They did release a Pontiac GTO a few years back, perhaps in 2003, it was basically a Holden, or a Vauhall Manaro. Although performance was good, the looks were a little dissapointing to wear a GTO badge, now if it looked retro like the 60's GTO then it would have been more interesting.

Yeah, I agree. You would have thought they would have gone that way after how well recieved the new Camaro and Dodge's new Charger, Challenger, and Super-Bee. Calling a Monaro a GTO just doesn't cut it, it hasn't even got twin vertical headlights which was one of the iconic things about that car to me (the front of the standard twin headlight car looked too much like the 1970-73 Firebird to me).

I would have been tempted by one of these if it came out:-
tumblr_kwnkvss2K51qani0jo1_500.jpg
A modern Camaro, with the nose change to look like a Bull Nose Firebird. Also the snowflake wheels, bit like a late 70's Firebird, the Bull nose came out before the Burt Reynold bandit trans-am, so this car is a bit of different era's rolled into one. All thats needed next is a knight rider lights. Giving it a 1st Gen (bull nose), 2nd Gen (bandit), 3rd gen (knight rider) and 5th Gen (2010 camaro) look to it.

Now why didn't they build that. That is one awesome car that i would have loved to have owned. I bet i am not alone there :)

hi guys , i would sell my house , wife and kids to have one of those .....................( better keep the house )

Can i have first dibs on Mary please Mark as she does serious laundry and if i buy Summer does this mean i get 2 free????? hehe!! :)

I would have been tempted by one of these if it came out:-
View attachment 613
A modern Camaro, with the nose change to look like a Bull Nose Firebird. Also the snowflake wheels, bit like a late 70's Firebird, the Bull nose came out before the Burt Reynold bandit trans-am, so this car is a bit of different era's rolled into one. All thats needed next is a knight rider lights. Giving it a 1st Gen (bull nose), 2nd Gen (bandit), 3rd gen (knight rider) and 5th Gen (2010 camaro) look to it.

OMG...that is a beast Dan! :LoveEyes:
So sad news that Pontiac are no more. I am even more glad I have one now! I had thought of moving mine on, but maybe I will hang on to it after all!

well dan we could be in the money later then eh lol, my pontiac is already a vintage so could be worth hanging onto, but lovin the black beast awesome.