Ordering from Rock Auto ....

Stephen CA

Core Member
Ordering from Rock Auto ....

When I first bought the Camaro, someone give me some advice at one of the shows regarding how to order parts from Rock Auto without getting hit for unexpected import tax when they arrived, something to do with using the right shipping method. Now that was over two years ago and I've managed to get everything I've needed from USAutomotive and RealSteel so far and haven't had to get anything sent over from the US. As my memory has difficulty remembering stuff from last week never mind two years ago I can't remember the advice I was given. Can anyone help? Thanks.

If no-one jumps in before I’m sure my wife will be able to offer some advice when she sees this.
She had ordered like that from them many times.

I'm not the wife, but I have ordered many times too.
When you order choose FedEx, you may pay more for shipping, but it gets here quick, and tax is calculated/included, so there is no customs fee this end.

Bet you paid through the nose for from them uk suplliers? we havnt had a discount code for sometime even when i asked rockauto wernt much helps but easier using rockauto,
if you see a van symble in the items list and you already as parts in your shopping car that means all your parts will come from the same shipping location so all from shipemt A for excample m if in your cart you have 3 shipping areas A .B .C YOU WILL HAVE 3 SHIPPING CHARGES ,
as Dan has said check your shipping you can choose how you want it shipped it will give you opptions before check out, usps will cost you in the long run by the time it gets here due to parcelforse adding the bonus ,

have you used summit racing ?

summits do have a minum shipping charge cost so if ordering something small not worth it against rockauto rockauto will be cheaper but i have used summit alot and event got free banners and hat out of them even firebird centrel(do other makes as well)https://www.camarocentral.com/ i have used the firebird central alot in the early years of my trans am i even got a 300quid bonus card to spend with them as i had spent alot over the years but you do pay shipping charges but if rockkauto dont have then try these guys, rockauto is my 1st port of call then summit then firebird then ebay then uk suppliers ( most rip you due to there charges) so i try to avoid uk where possible,. i even sometimes use rockauto for uk car stuff as well even with shipping can be cheaper,

I’m the wife lolol. I think most of the guys have (hopefully) answered your question.

Make sure to get a discount code (I think I have one somewhere should you need it) and put this in the “where did you hear about us” box.

As mentioned above always make sure when ordering multiple items they are being shipped from the same location and ALWAYS choose the shopping where you pay the VAT when ordering.

Let us know if you need any more help - I think we are all RockAuto-a-holics :) :) :)

I’m the wife lolol. I think most of the guys have (hopefully) answered your question.

Make sure to get a discount code (I think I have one somewhere should you need it) and put this in the “where did you hear about us” box.

As mentioned above always make sure when ordering multiple items they are being shipped from the same location and ALWAYS choose the shopping where you pay the VAT when ordering.

Let us know if you need any more help - I think we are all RockAuto-a-holics :) :) :)

Thank you for that! I was looking at their website last night and noticed they even take PayPal. This could get expensive! ?

No rockauto code yet they seam to be thin on the ground,

Back