Opinion: Nissan"s GT-R is a better all-weather car than the Audi RS6

RSS_Auto_Poster

Written by Ollie Marriage
16669.jpg

Earlier this week, Audi showed us the all-new RS6 Avant. It looks bloody terrific. Great stance, proper attitude, correct amount of flare to the wheelarches. It shows where BMW went wrong with the current M5. Well, the visuals at least, there"s not much wrong with the way it drives. So very shortly, probably before anyone outside the company has even driven it, people will start jumping up and down and declaring it the world"s best all-condition car. So we thought we"d get in first. And tell you that, actually, it probably won"t be. Now don"t get me wrong, it"ll be a monster thing. With 592bhp and 590lb ft of torque its four fat tyres will break down tarmac into its constituent elements, while inside all is calmness and space. It"ll mincify roads, no matter how wet, cold, oily, angled, lumpy or potholed. I already want one so badly it hurts. But is that all we want from the world"s best all-condition car? I used to run a C7 RS6, and despite its might, I often found myself wanting more interaction yep, even when it was February. Especially when it was February, come to think of it.

Date written: 22 Aug 2019

More of this article on the Top gear website

ID: 16669

Back