Obd 1.5 wtf?

Thinking about it again I'm fairly sure it was the 2000 3.8 Camaro that used the triple solenoid style.

The solenoids are directly on top of the EGR.

For my memory, what car is this and what is he problem?

It's a 95 3.4 v6 eurospec Firebird. Fault codes showing are
64 ( running lean) , 75/76/77 EGR solenoid faults on all 3.

EGR only kicks in at certain parameters. Something like steady state rpm at a steady speed for a period of time.
Can you clear the codes? If you can do they come back immediately or just after being driven in a way that matches above?

I 100% know what the fault is now I've looked closer :) Someone has removed the entire EGR valve solenoid body ! LOL Nice blanking plate all painted up that gave no clue until I started to look into the system. Another bit to get in from Roack auto as I'm getting replacement gaskets anyway.

If it was your own car then ignoring fault cars is okay, but when you try to sell it people will knock you down on price. Unless you can get them to understand its from the EGR removal and it all is fine.

How many people bring a code reader to a purchase, and even if the SES light is on a test drive shows it runs ok.
But if it was me I would just tune out the EGR. Probably cheaper than a tri-solenoid EGR anyway?
PCM4Less, happy ex-customer here.

Having had one purchaser walk away for reasons unknown I'll fix the problem rather than it look like I'm trying to pull a fast one ." Yeah mate, they all came with only 3 wheels to improve the cornering "

Having had one purchaser walk away for reasons unknown I'll fix the problem rather than it look like I'm trying to pull a fast one ." Yeah mate, they all came with only 3 wheels to improve the cornering "

Fair enough but modding is common in the yank car scene. Sounds like you might have hit a dreamer.

if i was looking for another motor and there were lights on the dash i would walk away

Finally all sorted , problem was finding time rather than anything else . EGR manifold port WAS blocked. All cleaned through, new EGR valve fitted and no fault codes showing on tickover. Need to take for a run to be sure , also sorted my pop up headlights . Now I can wait for more people not to buy it ;) :)

That's great news, glad you got to the bottom of it.

Its our End of Season show this Sunday at the Farmhouse, Portsmouth, feel free to bring your car down with 'For Sale' signs in the window.

Took it out for a run yesterday, different exhaust note and MORE power on light throttle. Codes all fixed permanently as well.Cheers for everyone sinput.

Back