Newsletter Add on

TransAmDan

Forum Admin
Staff member
In our endeavour to increase visitors, and keep people coming back. I came across an add-on for the forum called DragonByte Newsletter. This isn't the same as the manual monthly(not sent one for a while) newsletter of events.

DragonByte Newsletter lets you send an automated digest to users, containing the most popular threads from the last week. Users have powerful 1-click solutions for either reducing or increasing the frequency of your newsletter (Weekly, Bi-Monthly, Monthly, Quarterly, Bi-Yearly, Yearly), as well as a 1-click unsubscribe button.

I have brought the add-on but not installed it yet, may give this ago tonight. It may be handy as the email lands in a member's email inbox and they see a thread that looks interesting, then they can click through to the website. We can exclude threads like Word Association.

Sounds good :)

Well its enabled. I don't know how often it sends out the emails yet, we will see how it goes. I have excluded the renegades cafe and the RSS feeds in the automated newsletter.

This was enabled and then disabled as it seems to cause an issue with posting on a thread. So i disabled until i had time to play. so now I have reinstalled it and re-enabled it and just trying it out.

Still an issue got this following error
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '[' in /DBTech/Newsletter/Newsletter.php on line 22
It dosn't come up all the time. So disabled the product for now.

Working on this one. The web server is running PHP5.3.3, it looks like I need to upgrade to PHP5.4, but I know something isn't keen on working on that version.
Its all good fun. :)

Well upgraded to 5.4.45, just testing posting to see if anything is broken....

Enabled the Newsletter add-on, now last time I done this it produced an error when replying to a post. The writers of the plug-in said it was version of PHP, which I have sorted now. :)

Looks like the automatic newsletter on threads since the last news letter has gone out by itself. That's great, as it has the Xmas bowling thread in there. :)

I just got it too ;)

Great. Glad it's working. A neat way to keep people updated with threads, and hopefully people will click on the links from a thread of interest and come back to the forum.

Great. Glad it's working. A neat way to keep people updated with threads, and hopefully people will click on the links from a thread of interest and come back to the forum.

just like drivewildhorses appeared :) :)

Back