New additions....

AmericanThunder

Super Moderator
.... for my library.

Two new Trans-Am books for my quite extensive library.
DC27C440-A653-4076-A805-406144C175B7.jpeg
E1369120-A92B-47F4-A174-E1895F8D6540.jpeg

They were both on my Christmas list but as Father Christmas didn’t bring them for me, I bought them!!

Nice books! 👍
Do you reckon you will ever get another 2nd gen Dave? As an investment maybe?

Nice books! 👍
Do you reckon you will ever get another 2nd gen Dave? As an investment maybe?

Yes. But only once I’m ready to accept the compromises of driving one. I enjoy driving too much too accept the compromises that a 50year old automobile represents right now.

Yes. But only once I’m ready to accept the compromises of driving one. I enjoy driving too much too accept the compromises that a 50year old automobile represents right now.
I can appreciate that. I have never driven one but can imagine what they must be like if my 3rd gen is anything to go by.

Last edited:
Great to see soo many Pontiac books. Do you have another stash of books for Dodge too?

I just searched for books on the Pontiac Solstice - there is only one! and according to eBay. com they are worth anywhere between 800-1000 USD!!!!!! WTH????

Great to see soo many Pontiac books. Do you have another stash of books for Dodge too?

Just one, on the Challenger. Very small choice on modern Challenger books and I have to confess to not being interested enough in the old ones to buy the books that surely exist.

And that time isn’t now.
After much soul searching that led to discussions about a potential purchase, I’m sticking modern.

And that time isn’t now.
After much soul searching that led to discussions about a potential purchase, I’m sticking modern.
I can empathise with that Dave and to be completely honest, I am leaning towards the same way of thinking. As you probably know, I have two Yanks, an 82 Firebird and a 2001 Grand Prix. Both cars have the attributes that I seek, but only between them. The Firebird is rear wheel drive, V8 and manual. Whereas the GP needs little maintenance (apart from the usual consumables like brake pads etc), runs much cleaner and is more comfortable and dependable. I know it's not modern as such, but the technology is more up to date than the Firebird, as is the driving experience. What I have been considering is replacing them with something which does the job of both. I do like Pontiacs, so maybe it could be something like a later GTO. I know that is basically a Monaro, but I think I could live with that. They seem to be pretty scarce in the UK, so I guess I may have to import one.

Given the newest Pontiac is 11 years old, why not a 5th gen Camaro? The GTO is a good car but not the 1st edition from 2004. Get an 05/06 car.

I have to say that I do like the 5th Gen Camaro, that would be an awesome car to own. But it depends on the price. Although, presumably, it would probably be easier to find one of those than a GTO, so there would be no import costs to factor in?
Good call, I did look at the 2005/6 GTO's. Understandably, they are pricier but look a better car. Like the later Monaro's I guess...as in the 6 litre VXR??

I've had a quick skip around the web and 2005 GTO's seem to be upwards of 10,000 bucks (which may be doable). Although, there is much less choice of manual ones. I have not found any for sale in the UK as yet.

Back