Moved the kitchen door.

TransAmDan

Forum Admin
Staff member
Inbetween working all hours I n eeded to move the door in the kitchen as it can't be there with the new kitchen.
IMG_20190727_121032.jpg

So had to removed this door way and bit of wall.
IMG_20190807_095444.jpg

Needed to move the the light switch. Going to add a double power socket too for Sarah when she does the vacuuming.

I'll get more photos up. Atleast it gives another post to read.

I’ve heard of Bob the builder, now we have Dan the carpenter!

At least bob the builder wears all the correct PPE equipment lol, and no sign of spongebob??????????????

IMG_20190810_200128.jpg

IMG-20190810-WA0008.jpg

Couple of spot lights added. Reason they are off to the side is that we have full height cupboards going in that will almost come out to the door frame.

Sorry I've not been on for a while. It's looking good Dan :thumb:

Thanks, yes its getting there. Added in a 2 way socket in that wall too. Its been fun going. Need to measure of some cable runs next, 2 ovens and garage power.

Thanks, yes its getting there. Added in a 2 way socket in that wall too. Its been fun going. Need to measure of some cable runs next, 2 ovens and garage power.

Cool. Yeah, I enjoyed fitting my kitchen. Have you got to chase any walls out for cables? That can be a dirty old job lol

Yeah gonna bury cables in the wall. Extra sockets in the kitchen too. Need to remove part of the kitchen to do it, going to try and have a useable bit so can still cook etc...

Yeah gonna bury cables in the wall. Extra sockets in the kitchen too. Need to remove part of the kitchen to do it, going to try and have a useable bit so can still cook etc...

Good idea. I kept our old cooker still wired in with a longer cable so we could carry on cooking.

Putting a new kichen ring main in with your 2 6mm raidial ccts for kitchen? like your CO2 meter hanging on wall you got boiler or gas cooker in there at the moment ? got smoke and heat deters planed? if you cant hard wired all three then use radio link ones

Putting a new kichen ring main in with your 2 6mm raidial ccts for kitchen? like your CO2 meter hanging on wall you got boiler or gas cooker in there at the moment ? got smoke and heat deters planed? if you cant hard wired all three then use radio link ones
Smoke detector at the top of the stairs, I do have a second one that will go in the downstairs hall way. these are mains with battery backup. Thanks for reminding me, as the spare room floor boards are accessible now, Ill get that second smoke alarm installed. The CO2 one on the wall was from when we had the old boiler, kept it there even though the new boiler vents outside and draws in air from outside too. The cookers are all electric, and the new ones will be too.

I do have a question for you Darren, Ill be updating the ring mains in the kitchen, there will be 3 x double sockets above the worktop in the space of 1.5 meters. I am always keen to keep power wires vertical, so going down to the floor then back up at the next socket. As they are quite close together is it a big 'no no to go horizontal at that point?

No horizontal cables up to joints remove floor board drill hole in joist if joist big enough? then back down to where you need it, only allowed horizontail to about 150mm of item ie light switch cooker point. , as cable have now zone areas in speacial locations, with 18th wire regs and 17th regs

No horizontal cables up to joints remove floor board drill hole in joist if joist big enough? then back down to where you need it, only allowed horizontail to about 150mm of item ie light switch cooker point. , as cable have now zone areas in speacial locations, with 18th wire regs and 17th regs

Great, thanks, Ill stick to vertical, I can get under the floor. I prefer that method anyway. Thought I'd check with the expert. :)

With my legal head on - be careful how much electrical work you do. Rules for electrical works have changed over the years where everything is needing a qualified electrician who can produce a Building Regulations Compliance Certificate. Should you sell or remortgage the property you will have a duty to provide this.

With my legal head on - be careful how much electrical work you do. Rules for electrical works have changed over the years where everything is needing a qualified electrician who can produce a Building Regulations Compliance Certificate. Should you sell or remortgage the property you will have a duty to provide this.

your correct , i have just done my 18th regs,
building regs wiring regs all need to comply , sparkies will test other peoples work thats what they do when you get then to do a period test inspection ever 5 to 10 years or change of tenancy ,
if cables are back at board then its a new installation cert if cables added to exciting cables then minor works cert

Got 10mm2 for the cookers, going to run two seperate cables.
Also got the armoured 16mm2 cable for the garage.

Also got a puncture on the way.
IMG_20190812_135557.jpg

IMG_20190812_140500.jpg

IMG_20190812_140915.jpg

Even lower now with that biscuit for a wheel.

poor car the shame of it having to waer something that bad, lol

Yeah, black wheels don't looks too bad, but it sits really lopsided like that.

Cant do the puncture repair until Friday as I'm off to Ireland in the morning, 6am, and back about 10pm Thursday. Looking forward to the breakfasts.

you stopped on road with no hazzards going shame you lol,,,