Motorsport Picture of the Week......

Give it a go!!
I can see the news headlines now.....
Brit kills him self at Richard Petty raceway, Orlando Fl whilst showing off.
Richard Petty raceway to close as a result.
Hahaha!!! :LOL:. Too right. Pretty easy to kill yourself.
I know from doing a few race experiences in the UK that they don't let you get too cocky here either.

I recall Malc said he done it, and because the tracks is so wide you don't realise what speed you are doing.
Did you get near the 200mph?
Yeah, that was my first impression on a race track too actually. And no road marking makes them seem even wider!

I remember them saying as well that if you wheel spun out of the pit - they would ask you to pull in and politely ask you to leave lol

Last one I did was at Silverstone a couple of years ago in one of their Ford Eco Tech powered single seaters. 140bhp and 0 - 60 in 4.9 seconds. I seem to recall them saying more than 3 spins and you come back to the pits, session over!
Screenshot_20200228-112335.png

That is not quick, and with that rear spoiler generating downforce you must do something very wrong to spin out. Either that or you aren’t going fast enough to generate downforce perhaps?
When I drove it was pissing down with rain! In the lap times leaderboard I finished 4th out of 12, but because others spun and I didn't once, I did the most laps, meaning if it was a race I would have won. So I must have been doing something right.
It bloody felt quick enough lol. With the spray from the open wheels and the rain it was almost impossible to see anything.

When I drove it was pissing down with rain! In the lap times leaderboard I finished 4th out of 12, but because others spun and I didn't once, I did the most laps, meaning if it was a race I would have won. So I must have been doing something right.
It bloody felt quick enough lol. With the spray from the open wheels and the rain it was almost impossible to see anything.

Ahh, wet weather changes things. No tyre is at its best and oil is lifted from the track and gets under the tread. Plus speeds are lower so less downforce.
I was going to say it must have been fun, and then I remembered one of the reasons I gave up motorcycling... the weather!!

Ahh, wet weather changes things. No tyre is at its best and oil is lifted from the track and gets under the tread. Plus speeds are lower so less downforce.
I was going to say it must have been fun, and then I remembered one of the reasons I gave up motorcycling... the weather!!
Definitely! It was fun but was like driving on ice. Even a slightly aggressive use of the throttle left you twitching the steering to stay on the track.
And I know what you mean about bikes. I would have another one tomorrow but for me it's more the twat drivers on the road than the weather. I was rear ended on my Yam 600 by a guy in a Transit at a roundabout! I still get occasional back trouble from it.

Back