Let's talk trucks

saleen 192

Core Member
CLASSIC AMERICAN CHEVROLET EL CAMINO PICKUP V8 TPi FUEL INJECTION CUSTOM HOT ROD | eBay
$_12.JPG

1967 Ranchero | eBay
$_57.JPG

1968 Chevrolet C10 Fleetside | eBay
$_12.JPG

Chevrolet 1957 3100 Pick-up truck 350 TURbO | eBay
$_12.JPG

1948 FORD F1 V8 PICKUP TRUCK ,HOTROD | eBay
$_12.JPG

Ok so i have some chevy's on this post :doh::doh: but question applies to all trucks
are these practical?
easy to drive ?
load area some com with http://www.autoanything.com/tonneau-covers/10A50174.aspx cover's differant type
security with covers ? have to strap load down or it slide's
tail end happy ?
some with woodern floors some with metal high maintenance on both? due to water/rain ingress

they seam to have a big following here more the older 50/60 than the newer 2000+ ones

So anybody living with one of these truck's how are you finding it?
as AT say's people do put alot of time/money into there trucks and also leave the patina on them as well
and against old v new the size of rear rear bed has also got smaller as well is this another issue??

You ask if they are practical. Well I guess it depends on what you want to use it for... You can take a passenger, to help lift the bags of cement into the back to make a drive way, then I guess it is practical. You can even make it into a hot tub to entice them welsh ladies in the area.
If you were to use it for shopping and it was raining, then probably not as practical unless you have a cover.

Oh great - thanks Dan. Now I'm stuck with a mental image of a Chevy Camino with a hot tub in the back, and Darren sat in it with each arm around a sheep!!! :eeek:

:rofl:

Oh great - thanks Dan. Now I'm stuck with a mental image of a Chevy Camino with a hot tub in the back, and Darren sat in it with each arm around a sheep!!! :eeek:

:rofl:

now that made me laugh out loud - just got some funny looks :rofl:

:thumb::pound::pound::heh::heh::heh::heh::becky::biggrin1:

very good just don't get funny stuff like this on faceache facetube facebook thingy site well done forum

:thumb::pound::pound::heh::heh::heh::heh::becky::biggrin1:

very good just don't get funny stuff like this on faceache facetube facebook thingy site well done forum

Yep, totally agree.!.

piratical do we buy our type of car cos its piratical ??. they are about as piratical as any other fun motor can be. just go for it and dont push it too hard in the wet. if you dont like it you can always sell it on . had the ranchero 15 years now and would not sell it. i like more than any other motor i have ever owned or driven. the most piratical motor i have ever owned my daily, is also the most boring.

well found this
1978 FORD RANCHERO GT | eBay

s-l1600.jpg

Not many
Camino's are cool,
was a few a some time ago from 8k to 16k just don't see that many around event at show's somethink like this age bracket
1969%20Chevrolet%20El%20Camino%20White.JPG

you can guess what color i like.

Last edited:
I might have a mate with a on the road f3 for sale???

Nice photo and nice truck.
Thanks for posting.

I am a recent convert and have a 53 F100 , it is uncompromising and hard to work but fun, what more do you need?f100.jpg
Thank you, Steve

Wow that looks awesomely stunning. Very nice indeed.

nice color combo,

Thank you, it's a recent purchase and needs work as an awful lot is held together with "cable ties" so is currently having work done. Hopefully on the road soon though.