Jeep, 1999 Grand Cherokee, Alarm and battery, Help please

C

creekmoorchris

Hi. I had to leave the Jeep for a couple of weeks. When I came back I went to open the doors with the remote and the battery was flat. Opened the door with the key and no interior lights, no sign of life. Opened the bonnet, disconnected the battery, and put the battery on charge.

Came back a few hours later and reconnected the battery, passenger door open,and hazard lights came on and the alarm went off. It is kind of loud when you head is not too far away from the engine bay! Tried pressing the unlock button on the remote to disarm, but to no avail, so disconnected the battery again, and the siren stopped.

In the handbook that I have for the Jeep, is says the horn will sound for 3 minutes, but this is definitely a siren (ask the neighbours!). Does this suggest that an after market siren has been fitted, or did Jeep fit sirens as well?

Help please, thanks. Or if you fancy coming round and helping, the coffee will be on.

All done and sorted, but needed 3 people to do it! One to be in the car with the doors closed ready to turn the key, one to hold down the bonnet light switch with the bonnet up, and one to connect the battery, then in 5 seconds, with the hazards flashing turn the ignition on,and then start the car! Yes it does really work. YAY!

All done and sorted, but needed 3 people to do it! One to be in the car with the doors closed ready to turn the key, one to hold down the bonnet light switch with the bonnet up, and one to connect the battery, then in 5 seconds, with the hazards flashing turn the ignition on,and then start the car! Yes it does really work. YAY!

lol, could they not have thought of anything more obscure than that. Glad it worked for ya.

so an easy job then lol good to here all working now!!

Back