Interior parts

Nick Green

Just took delivery of a carbon fibre piece of interior dash. This came from China. I haven't found anywhere in uk but wanted to ask, has anyone got a company they use for this type of stuff? I have also found a place through Instagram which is in the U.S but not seen their product. The piece I ordered, a dome above my instrument cluster is of good quality and hasn't needed to much work to fit, it was from a company aerostop2015 on eBay and only took 3 weeks to get to me although I needed to pay a further £28 to customs. I thought I'd mention as a lot of us run older cars with a lot of brittle plastic parts and could be in the same situation I was.

Not tried to find anywhere like that. Do you have a photo of what you got?

At some point I need to replace the top of my dash as it started as a little crack at one end, but seems to be spreading.

Drill a hole at the end of the crack now to stop it spreading.
Yeah, that has been suggested, but it's right near the windscreen, so can't get a drill in there not even a right angled drill. The only way I could do that is to take the part out. I could probably strengthen it with fiber glass on the back by taking it out. I must plan to do that some time.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/aerostop2015/ Is the link to the online shop, image.jpeg is the pic from there. I can foto mine later to show you. I have also seen a leather wrap you can get for dashboards. It means stripping it down but you could glue the crack then wrap it in leather with your choice of colour stitching??

Interesting idea, yes I must go down that root to repair things in the car. Need to get the seats redone too, perhaps could use the same leather effect on the dash.

what car is it for?

Carbon envisions is the company on Instagram and being American would prob be a better bet if it's for the Pontiac. I'm going to do some digging see if there's any where in uk might do this sort of stuff

Paul with the black mustang was talking to me about having dash board parts carbon dipped and he had found someone local to him in Portsmouth. I'll see if I can get a name and number

Colin Edwards @ southern hydro coatings . Sure a google look would find contact number. Thanks Paul for the info hope this helps

This is a great alternative for sun faded parts thanks for the shout. I had a damaged part so had to completely replace but this could be a great option for all the good stuff

Cheers

Back