insurance

renchero

does anybody understand insurance company's just re insured the p100, cost twice as much as the ranchero worth about one tenth, its also much slower and they wanted some micky mouse type immobilizer fitted. both are insured with the same agent

Risk. The p100 is not a cherished vehicle and more likely to be driven recklessly vs the Ranchero.
It’s also more likely to be stolen as it’s more likely to be left somewhere less desirable.
It’s a general classification of the vehicles and pays no attention to the owner/driver.

Risk. The p100 is not a cherished vehicle and more likely to be driven recklessly vs the Ranchero.
It’s also more likely to be stolen as it’s more likely to be left somewhere less desirable.
It’s a general classification of the vehicles and pays no attention to the owner/driver.

As american thunder has said,
take it you got limited millage garaged ????

my plastic fanstic slow old ford is 249quid with A PLAN ffull comp 3kmillaged garaged cant fault that,

Ask the insurance company their reasoning behind it.

I had an Opel Manta a long time ago, I was probably 20, passed my tests 6 months before. Costing £1200 a year third party. Then a few months later I brought the 3rd Gen Firebird this was only £700 fully comp. I asked their reasoning behind the massive price drop. They said as its left hand drive then people wont try to take it for a joy ride, and with it being manual it makes that even more difficult.

About 6 years ago, I had to insure a second car for the first time, with all my no claims on the Trans-Am, and not able to share any onto a second car, I was starting with zero no claims bonus on a second car. The Ford Fiesta worth £500, cost me just over £500 to insure it each year, double the Trans-Am.

As has been said, insurance companies do have basic guidelines with regards to vehicle and driver risk, but they are also quite happy to charge as much as they can get away with. I have lost count how many times I have contested renewal quotes, only for them to drop some money off without a fight. That's just blatant profiteering and they should be pulled up over it.

I have a policy. If a requote comes in too high and a competitor quotes cheaper the original company loses the business.
Quote me right the first time and don’t rip me off. I’m not going to give you an option to beat the competition - screw me? Lose me!

I have a policy. If a requote comes in too high and a competitor quotes cheaper the original company loses the business.
Quote me right the first time and don’t rip me off. I’m not going to give you an option to beat the competition - screw me? Lose me!

Sounds good :thumb:
When we request a quote or are offered a renewal, it should be law that insurance brokers must offer you the lowest price available for the level of cover requested. They should face prosecution if caught not doing so.

As my dear old mum used to say INSURANCE = LEGALISED THIEFT

I personally believe that the insurance should be on the person and not the car!. As it is in some other countries