Insane creation new race car

insaneron

Core Member
As some of you may know that the cortina has gone to pastures new.

I've had plans to build a 1941 Willys coupe. I brought a light weight glass shell back in the summer but not really started until the week before Christmas.
To date the twin rail chassis is tacked together along with most of the cage. The body is mocked up on the new Billet specialties wheels. The new engine combination is a all aluminium big block Pat Musi twin turbo engine on a 2 speed glide. We're looking at 2500 bhp on pump gas which comes out to roughly 2000 bhp per ton

I'll put some picks up when I can but check out either my website www.insanecreations.net or my facebook pages Ron haslett

Looks like its all coming together rather well.
What times are you hoping for once done?
didn't you go as fast as you were allowed in the cortina before you had to change to a different type of chassis? But you new one if made for this faster time bracket?

That's gonna look awesome!

Looks like its all coming together rather well.
What times are you hoping for once done?
didn't you go as fast as you were allowed in the cortina before you had to change to a different type of chassis? But you new one if made for this faster time bracket?

Hello Dan

The fastest we ran in the Cortina was 8.8 @ 157 mph

I've always wanted to build and own a 41 Willy's and was made an offer for the Cortina.

The new car is being built to the latest Pro Mod spec which is 7.49 seconds and faster. The engine is a Pat Musi all Ali motor. 6 bolt mains Big Chief heads (CNC ported) Bryant billet crank Fast fuel injection 16 x 160lb/hr injectors twin 88mm turbo's. Lots of little tricks going into it. The motor will produce 2500 bhp on pump gas and 3000bhp on race gas which should work out to 2000 bhp per ton so it should get me into the 10's

Ron are you going up to the Pod easter weekend? I'll be up there.

You new car sounds like it will have a lot more power than the cortina. It will be great to watch it fly down the track. When do you aim to have it ready? I think twin turbo is the way to go. Probably a little more controllable than nitrous. The engine in your new car is probably worth a bit more than your Cortina one, so any mishaps will be costly? Good luck to ya though. Building your dream car that will be super quick.

Back