Identification of rear axle Jeep kj

where dose the hand brake light attached to? the brakes or a switch by the handbrake like on subarus? hand brake light should be a easy fix the abs light can you plug a obd tool into cant remember the age? could you damaged the cable brake lines refitting the diff the ratio of the diff i dont think would effect the abs damage to wiring / sensor would and take it you have bleed the system ?

The hand brake light illuminates if there is a brake problem, so ABS light on, the handbrake light light will come on to keep it company, there is only one ABS sensor on the rear, this is on the top of the diff housing, driven from a ring on the crown ring, bleeding the system was done to remove the air from when the single brake line was disconnected, would make no difference to my current problem.

I will plug into it, but info on these is very limited.

As thought plugged in and no stored faults....................................................................

If the light is on (but no one home lol) it should show or store the fault bit strange good luck

Wondering if the depth of the diff case is different and the sensor can no longer count the teeth as they are too far away?

And if you still have access to the old diff, raise the rear end and count wheel revolutions vs the prop shaft. Check they are the same old to new.

Wondering if the depth of the diff case is different and the sensor can no longer count the teeth as they are too far away?

The old sensor matched the one from my diff, unable to check the turns as planet gears missing, the way the sensor had grown in the new unit suggests it has not been moved for years106679773_718791118937761_110219380689692556_n.jpg, from what I have found the diff I have been supplied with is identical to the one removed, I believe its the metal particles within the new diff causing problems, we will know when the back plate is removed, and all the horror story will reveal itself !! The sensor pictured has been wiped but some metal remains.107088756_308965903592738_2869771802278249473_n.jpg

The sensor fails when particles in the diff get on it. its a magnetic sensor detects when the teeth move past so it can work out speed. If no physical damage on the sensor, wipe it clean and it should be good to go.

The sensor fails when particles in the diff get on it. its a magnetic sensor detects when the teeth move past so it can work out speed. If no physical damage on the sensor, wipe it clean and it should be good to go.

The worrying part is where have the particles come from?

Oh no, is that the new diff?
That's not good, you get a little wear when the gears mesh to begin with, but seeing that on the sensor already, that is worrying.

Confirmed I'm Jinxed, Pics of the second hand diff that came in the complete axle we fitted, looking for another axle.107709889_741402563272993_1136219085931975588_n.jpg107056797_623040515232944_5461308211622301046_n.jpg

Oh no, sorry to hear that. That's does look very bad. Does your jeep have more power than standard?

Oh no, sorry to hear that. That's does look very bad. Does your jeep have more power than standard?

Not that I know of LOL, But it does pull well, that diff did about 1/3 of a mile

ouch :(

Hello good people, well I'm in the poo, discharged on Friday from Southampton General Hospital, on Thursday last my small intestine perforated, very close call to a permanent wooden bed!!

As you know my Jeep is currently without Axle, Its on my friends drive way where it was being fixed, question does anyone want to take it on, Ive totted up the current expenditure which passes 2.5k, there are posts on here to show the work it has had done as proof, plus a ream of receipts.

Serious offer, you find and fit the axle, ive left it so its a bolt in option, even the calipers are hung need no bleeding just need fitting. my Son is available to remove my tools after and generally supervise. yours for 1K you would have to find an axle with the trailing arms, as the old axle etc have been swiped, possible scrap? The new A frame is fitted, so you need an axle with the damper and A frame bracket attached.

Thank you John.

Sorry to hear John. Hope you get better soon. Good luck with the sale :)

Hello Peeps, I seem to have 'that' axle, the one that was never made for the KJ? brief description, ABS NOT sensed from wheels, the ABS and Speedo drive had a dual sensor on top of the diff, runs of a ring on the crown wheel, fitted with rear discs to the rear of the axle, obviously separate hand brake using shoes inside the discs, must be from an auto 2.8 VM Diesel the manual is a different ratio, registered 2004, ive even got fresh oil ready for the re fitment, if no one come forward I will try to source the bits, but I'm not up to arguing with scrap people at the moment. Jeep KJ current registration is SIG 5172

Back